Chatman update

CanesNation55

Thunderdome
Baton Rouge (La.) Central High School WR and Cane commitment Terrell Chatman got a visit from coach Brennan Carroll last week.

"We talked, and he's planning my visit - I'll be coming down sometime in January," Chatman said.

He also has a visit scheduled to Arizona State for the last week of January.

"I plan on taking more visits, just don't have them scheduled yet," Chatman said, mentioning Arizona and TCU as other programs he will consider.

Chatman says Arizona State is recruiting him especially hard - "They talk to me pretty often, came to the school last week as well. They told me how I fit in with the offense and things like that, how I can be a tall receiver on the outside for them."

The level of his Cane commitment right now?

"Pretty solid," he says, adding "I don't really have a clear No. 2 (after UM)."

He says of Miami that "I loved the campus when I visited (unofficially), and the coaches, I like them a lot. We really bonded. I talk to them two or three times a week. And I'd like to have a young quarterback throwing to me. Brad Kaaya, he did really well, especially as the season went on, got a lot better."

James Coley and Carroll are his primary recruiters.

"They say I can play right away, that they're not scared to play freshmen," Chatman said.

He say of UM's future that "I see a lot of big things happening for them."

Chatman says he's considering attending UM's bowl game, which is two hours away.

"I don't know yet because of my basketball season - I have to see if it interferes with the basketball schedule," Chatman said.

Advertisement
Glad to hear more on this kid! He keeps everything close to the vest it seems. But it seems we have been doing our part to make sure he stays in the class. Good news for us.

Chatman is one of my favorite commits in an otherwise average class. Kid is a stud and I hope we're able to keep him.

Advertisement
Back