Charlie Strong offers 7 Florida DBs in 1 day

Advertisement
Offer Redwine dam it! Kid is a playmAker.

Give me fenton or Redwine at CB position all day.

Advertisement
So Charlie Strong can recognize the talent of Redwine & Hoggins all the way from Texas, but these morons can't make an offer to players right in their backyard?

Like I've been saying gotta go after them.

Redwine, Fenton, Hoggins. All legit. As well as the other more popular names.

No surprise he has offered scholarships to these kids cuz the DBs at Texas are real bad.

Strong signed a LB from Tampa Plant and DT from Lakeland in the 2014 class. I don't think loading up his team with Florida Talent will win him many friends among Texas High School coaches.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Strong signed a LB from Tampa Plant and DT from Lakeland in the 2014 class. I don't think loading up his team with Florida Talent will win him many friends among Texas High School coaches.

You right i was wondering what was taking strong so long to raid florida he only got one fla guy committed right now from my understanding... he been staying in Texas for the most part u know texas already feel like they play the best HS football so winning with a team full of fla guys would put a hurt to that bigg Teexas egoo lol... strong could do great things at texas but hes not gonna get that opportunity texas dont want a black coach...

I'm looking at this 3-fold...

1) Strong is trying hard to reconnect with his Florida roots.
2) Texas A&M is getting whoever they want in Texas due to current success and SEC affiliation.
3) There is more talent in Florida for DBs than in Texas...

Either way Strong has to be careful with his Florida recruiting. Kentucky is not known for possessing much football talent, therefore Strong could tap into Florida for talent. You can do that at Louisville, but not at Texas. Why? Well, in essence Strong would be pulling a 'Coker' (alienating recruits from your backyard while building up your roster with "can't miss" OOS recruits). Those boosters won't allow it. I'm thinking he pulls in around 3-4 Florida recruits per year instead of (i'm guessing here) 8-10 Florida recruits when he was at Louisville.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Those boosters won't give 2 ***** where Jaquan and SBB are from if they sign with Texas and go ball out over there just like nobody in Miami cared when Armstead and Ed Reed were balling out for the U. Winning trumps everything. I don't think it's coincidence that this is happening in October rather than July... My guess is that Strong is going to make a concerted effort to land the TX kids he wants every year, but if they aren't looking promising by this time of year then he'll have no qualms about coming over here, casting a huge net of offers, and taking kids like Redwine... and he's already proved he can build a **** of a defense with kids like that. He can point to the Texas HS coaches/boosters and say "look, I gave your kids first crack, but now I have to fill out this class". Plus, getting some of those kids over there and seeing their facilities will appeal to those oddball kids who feel like they need to go do something different (i.e. kids like Matt Thomas who wanted to go to USC), and pulling one or two of those types a year can make a huge difference if they're the right guys.

Great I will go to the Texas site to get UM info

I'm sure the head of Microsoft completely ignores Apple's press releases.

Lol I wish we were even closely compared to microsoft

To tell you the truth I was just coming up with an example of an underperforming company and a clearly superior industry rival.

HOWEVER: Used to be innovative...in trouble with a higher authority...turnover at the top...misguided leadership stubbornly digging their heels in...complete and total mediocrity nowadays....sound familiar?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back