Charges against UM lineman Jahair Jones could be reinstated

It's coming down to this.....

[video=youtube;8_nrAyo0tLI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_nrAyo0tLI[/video]

Advertisement
Isn't this a classic double jeopardy case? Cant charge someone for the same crime twice. They can't rearrest him if the judge already dropped the case.

No it isn't double jeopardy. I don't have time to explain it to you: go watch the movie double jeopardy starring Naomi Judd and you'll understand.

This sounds like make work. Since the incident was essentially nothing, wouldn't it be best to just let it drop? What would be the point of refiling different charges?

Advertisement
This sounds like make work. Since the incident was essentially nothing, wouldn't it be best to just let it drop? What would be the point of refiling different charges?
They might be looking to upgrade the charges to the dreaded jay walking. Too bad Mr. Johnnie is dead. They might stand a chance to avoid the chair if he were still here.

"If their feet weren't in the street, it's a case I can beat!"

Seriously guys, how hard is it for people to get out of the street when a cop tells them to?? Kids these days feel like they can do whatever, whenever and however. If you were driving down the street in Tally, you'd be honking and screaming at kids to get the **** out of your way.

It might seem ridiculous, and quite frankly it is, but it's the principle behind it.

Guess you havent seen Miami Beach during spring break in person?

Actually, i have. I have also gotten in trouble in Ocean City Maryland walking too close to the trolly on the boardwalk. I moved. I didn't cause a scene. My buddy didn't....he was pulled aside by the cops and made example of.

He should be charged for being a college OL who is 6'0", 263 Lbs.

If true, that is the real crime here

The real crime is you being slow enough to "think" that he could be anywhere near that size currently.

It was a joke dude, sorry you're too "slow" to realize that. You clearly aren't actually a Miami alum. Nobody I went to Miami with could be this mentally challenged.

Advertisement
I love our posters, a bunch of public defender wannabe lawyers (who undoubtedly would want to be paid large), a bunch of wannabe thugs, a couple of Skippi's that need to be sent to their safe space, a bunch of prescient seers who know without actually being there, and every once in a while some FOOTBALL!

I'm going to lurk for a while now, before someone sees fit to sensor me. I wouldn't want to miss spring training posts! ;-)

GO CANES!!!!

Advertisement
Back