CFB is a better when Miami is on top

Duvalco.Cane

Sophomore
I told yall waaaaay back before Shannon got hired, on Canestime, that our move to the ACC was part of a much larger and nefarious plot to improve the product known as CFB. I hear, periodically, that "CFB is much better when Miami is on top". Ever heard a talking head mutter this phrase on your boob tube? I have too. The problem is that, according to the powers that be, the aforementioned phrase is a load of bullchit. In fact, it's the EXACT OPPOSITE! CFB is a better and more lucrative product when Miami football is down.

When I was a 1L in law school, I learned the basic components of a contract-"offer", "acceptance" and "consideration". We were offered a steady ACC paycheck in consideration of "pulling the fangs" from the mighty jaws that was UM football, and Shalala obviously accepted the terms of this contract, as we are-and have been- mired in mediocrity ever since. Well...what was the end game of such a contract? CFB got a **** of a lot more competitive and lucrative. Has anyone else noticed the correlation between our ACC admittance and the sudden explosion of "SEC dominance"? Ask yourselves..."what is that Alabama team from a couple seasons ago without Amari Cooper?"..."do they win the ship???"...."what does a Sammie Watkins-less Clemson team really look like?"..."does FSU win the ship without Cook, Rudolph, etc???"..."how about the make up of an OSU squad without top tier, S. FL talent????". Miami being in the ******* means that all the big boys of CFB get 1-2 shiny, black S. FL. "difference-makers" to play with. New, awesome "transformers" (program, that is) while we are stuck playing with cheap, plastic "Go-Bots" (80's reference, lol). And while there is nothing exactly "wrong" with "Go-Bots" per se, having a coach with the requisite imagination can still have a very entertaining time playing with a "lesser" toy. Problem is, I believe that hiring unimaginative coaches that are not known for doing more with less was actually a part of the "de-fanging" of our football program as outlined in our contract with the powers that be.

Now we are at a crossroads with our program...a pivotal moment that will decide whether or not we awaken from our self-induced coma or remain sleep-walking every Saturday. And at such a delicate and important time...."Mario fck'g Christobal" is being bandied about the collective zeitgeist of the fan-base as a leading candidate???? W.T.F.. I firmly believe that those same Devils that contracted with a greedy and self-serving Administration are the same culprits behind this marketing of a failed HC. Mario Christobal's name will continue to spill from the ****-mouthed media as Miami's leading man while continuing to reference Davis' non-misgivings at UNC as the principal reason he remains categorized as an "undesirable" hire. As a side note, I also believe that Davis realized (too late) that he was lured away from Miami as a part of this nefarious plot on behalf of the NFL's "minor-league". They will continue to test the waters with Christobal-and it's working because I've heard numerous posters acquiesce to the idea of bringing this guy in as a fck'g HC in waiting....because???? We have to keep the pressure on these people. We cannot let up. We MUST let them know that we are on to the bullsh1t and that it's "go hard or go home" with our next coaching hire. If that means flying banners?-so be it! Let's rip up this fck'g contract in the collective faces of CFB and our administration and let the pieces rain down on those b1tches like confetti!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Encore! I'm with you. It does seem like some grand conspiracy. I really wouldn't be surprised.

@ Duvalco. GREAT POST. You also get a coveted "potato got pancaked" award.

I told yall waaaaay back before Shannon got hired, on Canestime, that our move to the ACC was part of a much larger and nefarious plot to improve the product known as CFB. I hear, periodically, that "CFB is much better when Miami is on top". Ever heard a talking head mutter this phrase on your boob tube? I have too. The problem is that, according to the powers that be, the aforementioned phrase is a load of bullchit. In fact, it's the EXACT OPPOSITE! CFB is a better and more lucrative product when Miami football is down.

When I was a 1L in law school, I learned the basic components of a contract-"offer", "acceptance" and "consideration". We were offered a steady ACC paycheck in consideration of "pulling the fangs" from the mighty jaws that was UM football, and Shalala obviously accepted the terms of this contract, as we are-and have been- mired in mediocrity ever since. Well...what was the end game of such a contract? CFB got a **** of a lot more competitive and lucrative. Has anyone else noticed the correlation between our ACC admittance and the sudden explosion of "SEC dominance"? Ask yourselves..."what is that Alabama team from a couple seasons ago without Amari Cooper?"..."do they win the ship???"...."what does a Sammie Watkins-less Clemson team really look like?"..."does FSU win the ship without Cook, Rudolph, etc???"..."how about the make up of an OSU squad without top tier, S. FL talent????". Miami being in the ******* means that all the big boys of CFB get 1-2 shiny, black S. FL. "difference-makers" to play with. New, awesome "transformers" (program, that is) while we are stuck playing with cheap, plastic "Go-Bots" (80's reference, lol). And while there is nothing exactly "wrong" with "Go-Bots" per se, having a coach with the requisite imagination can still have a very entertaining time playing with a "lesser" toy. Problem is, I believe that hiring unimaginative coaches that are not known for doing more with less was actually a part of the "de-fanging" of our football program as outlined in our contract with the powers that be.

Now we are at a crossroads with our program...a pivotal moment that will decide whether or not we awaken from our self-induced coma or remain sleep-walking every Saturday. And at such a delicate and important time...."Mario fck'g Christobal" is being bandied about the collective zeitgeist of the fan-base as a leading candidate???? W.T.F.. I firmly believe that those same Devils that contracted with a greedy and self-serving Administration are the same culprits behind this marketing of a failed HC. Mario Christobal's name will continue to spill from the ****-mouthed media as Miami's leading man while continuing to reference Davis' non-misgivings at UNC as the principal reason he remains categorized as an "undesirable" hire. As a side note, I also believe that Davis realized (too late) that he was lured away from Miami as a part of this nefarious plot on behalf of the NFL's "minor-league". They will continue to test the waters with Christobal-and it's working because I've heard numerous posters acquiesce to the idea of bringing this guy in as a fck'g HC in waiting....because???? We have to keep the pressure on these people. We cannot let up. We MUST let them know that we are on to the bullsh1t and that it's "go hard or go home" with our next coaching hire. If that means flying banners?-so be it! Let's rip up this fck'g contract in the collective faces of CFB and our administration and let the pieces rain down on those b1tches like confetti!!!!!!!
I think they did, right?

Advertisement

Why? Because an industry that rakes in over a billon dollars annually wouldn't do anything to ensure it keeps its overall product as profitable as humanly possible? Lol. These kids are the product they sell on Saturdays and the best product comes from S. FL.. It behooves the powers that be to eliminate the only real threat to the bullsh1t power structure they have created in their business model-The university of Miami.

Let's be real. Not every kid and or his family is on the take...and many of those that do find themselves on the receiving end the proverbial bag of cash waivered in their decision to take the cash. Most people want to do the right thing, but circumstances/life often times outweigh the moral aspect of equation. What I'm trying to say is that those top-flight kids would more often than not, be swayed in the positive direction if Miami was winning big. Suddenly, the prospect of taking dirty money is now outweighed by the fact that the kid can stay home, play for the program he grew up following, play in front of his friends and family, get massive exposure, have big fun (winning is fun), get developed properly and get paid BIG in 3 years anyway.

If Miami is what it is now (sad face), then it's a **** of a lot easier for a kid's handler/parent/guardian to convince him/herself and the kid by telling him "hey, you can play for (insert SEC program) in front of massive crowds that will treat you like a rock star and develop you for the league...and you will get exposure because they are winning...big"....all while helping out the family right now". You see? If Miami is winning big, then it simply boils down to taking dirty money verses all the aforementioned positives of playing at UM. You weed out the "cloudiness" that tends to impair judgment/moral compass...

I think they did, right?

With freeman Whitfield williams oleary hmmmm who else Benjamin

Why? Because an industry that rakes in over a billon dollars annually wouldn't do anything to ensure it keeps its overall product as profitable as humanly possible? Lol. These kids are the product they sell on Saturdays and the best product comes from S. FL.. It behooves the powers that be to eliminate the only real threat to the bullsh1t power structure they have created in their business model-The university of Miami.

Let's be real. Not every kid and or his family is on the take...and many of those that do find themselves on the receiving end the proverbial bag of cash waivered in their decision to take the cash. Most people want to do the right thing, but circumstances/life often times outweigh the moral aspect of equation. What I'm trying to say is that those top-flight kids would more often than not, be swayed in the positive direction if Miami was winning big. Suddenly, the prospect of taking dirty money is now outweighed by the fact that the kid can stay home, play for the program he grew up following, play in front of his friends and family, get massive exposure, have big fun (winning is fun), get developed properly and get paid BIG in 3 years anyway.

If Miami is what it is now (sad face), then it's a **** of a lot easier for a kid's handler/parent/guardian to convince him/herself and the kid by telling him "hey, you can play for (insert SEC program) in front of massive crowds that will treat you like a rock star and develop you for the league...and you will get exposure because they are winning...big"....all while helping out the family right now". You see? If Miami is winning big, then it simply boils down to taking dirty money verses all the aforementioned positives of playing at UM. You weed out the "cloudiness" that tends to impair judgment/moral compass...

Butch pays them now too so we win regardless, butch knows the game man he bout that noise

Advertisement

I think they did, right?

Joyner and Greene (originally from GA). Whitfield from Orlando.

CFB is much better when Butch Davis is HC [MENTION=690]Miami[/MENTION].

These muthafckas are scared to death at the mere prospect of Butch coming back. I was watching a CFB show about a week and a half ago (imma show you I know what I'm talking about)...anywho, the panel had Jason Seahorn, Tom Luganbill, Mike Bullatti (sp?...the ex-Oregon coach), and some guy I'd never seen before. They were talking about the Miami job and Butch Davis' name came up. You should have heard these stupid b1tches- "I don't think Butch Davis is the answer (of course they mention the UNC **** Butch was cleared completely of *rolls eyes*)...Miami needs to think outside of the box and get someone who is not associated with the program..a young, up and coming coach...". My wife immediately chimes in "WTF is this guy talking about?!?..didn't you guys just do that with Folden???". Then Bullatti mentions Tom Herman and the unknown guy chimes in "I think Miami needs a "Miami guy" with ties to the program...someone who understands the culture..is a good recruiter..someone like Mario Christobal" (whole panel shakes their heads in agreement). My wife immediately chimes in again-"yall' just tried that **** with Randy Shannon, didn't yall???". I rush in and kissed my wife, as she had reminded me as to why I married her. I then told her, "baby, these b1tches don't want Butch down at Miami again because they know it'd be a wrap for CFB". She responded "It sure seems that way"....

It's a bullsh1t, circular argument. If you mention Butch, Miami needs an "up and comer" without ties to the university. If you mention a hot name that knows how to coach-without ties to Miami, like a Tom Herman, then it immediately turns to "Miami needs a Miami guy that understands the culture/can recruit S. FL."...then bandy about Mario fck'g Christobal's name-EVERY TIME!!!! Am I the only one seeing this ****?!?!? They want a sh1tty coach in the Gables, they NEED a sh1tty coach in the Gables. We get a nice recruiting bump the first 2 years (with Mario/Chud/etc.), then we inevitably **** the bed on the field, and we fall the fck off again. Rinse and repeat.

It's unreal....

I think they did, right?

But those aren't the people you said.

Advertisement

I think they did, right?

But those aren't the people you said.

Does it matter? At one point, these kids were strong Miami leans and ended up elsewhere. Kermit was actually committed, was he not? And he was directly responsible for one of FSU's wins last year via a long return. So...yeah, the above doesn't belie the dispositive point being made here. Most, if not all of these kids are Canes if we are winning. It would have improved our talent level while directly decreasing theirs....

Advertisement
Back