Central AT Don Bosco

theu51

Redshirt Freshman
Don Bosco isn't the same this year as in recent years but this is still a test for Central on the road. Don Bosco has been a national powerhouse for years, incredible what Greg Toal does at Bosco. While NJ is no Florida for HS Football it really is incredible how so many teams in the area are national teams such as Bosco, Bergen Catholic, St. Joes, Paramus Catholic, St. Peters, even Wayne Hills, etc. 2 of our top recruits last year were form north jersey in Olsen and AQM.

Advertisement
Rain is forecast for tonight. Hopefully is doesn't start until after.

Northern New Jersey is densely populated and those big schools have big budgets and can draw the talent to them.

You gotta give Bosco a ton of credit they are not afraid to play anyone, over the years they have accepted every challenge going to the top teams in florida, california, alabama, etc. Much respect for Jersey football.

Man I wish this game was on a thursday or a bye week. Would have LOVED to see some UM coaches up there, not only recruiting our Central commits, but doing some work on those Jersey Pipelines. We have landed Gus, Olsen, AQM, and Pierre through Goldens NE connections. Thats 4 difference makers. Definitely think once we are back we can be THE team stealing guys from that part of the country, plenty of talent in NJ, DC Area, VA, PA

BlackKeys totally agreed, wish that our staff could be up there, unfortunate its not possible. And I agree right now it is Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State in the region taking players, we are starting to creep up.

If only Rutgers could do what Schnelly did, they started to a bit, but if they could lock down the talent in their own state, they'd be a very good program.

Advertisement
This is going to be an interesting game for this reason. I think Booker T exposed Central's offensive limitations a bit.

If Im Don Bosco Im putting nine in the box on every play until the Central QB shows me he can complete enough passes to consistently move the ball.

Advertisement
This is going to be an interesting game for this reason. I think Booker T exposed Central's offensive limitations a bit.

If Im Don Bosco Im putting nine in the box on every play until the Central QB shows me he can complete enough passes to consistently move the ball.

That then will allow Yearby or Cook to break a lot of lonnnnnnnng runs, so its pick your poison.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I dont see what is that surprising

The BTW game could have gone either way and it was a game that possibly featured the 2 best teams in the nation. Its High School you can scheme w/e you want but stopping Yearby and Cook is almost impossible even if they are telling you what is coming

RAMSEY N.J. -- Miami Central took the initial punch from Don Bosco and didn’t flinch. Instead, the Rockets put all of their weapons to use and pulled away from one of New Jersey’s best teams.

Dalvin Cook and Da’Vante Phillips each had two touchdowns in the first half as Central opened a 29-14 lead on the way to a convincing 50-21 victory that pushed its record to 3-1.

The Ironmen (1-2) put together a scoring drive off the opening kickoff and held a 14-10 lead midway through the second period only to see the Rockets come back with three touchdowns in a 5:14 span in the second quarter, all off turnovers.

Cook followed his own interception with a 16-yard score, and Phillips got the next two on 11- and 7-yard strikes from Keith Reed after Don Bosco fumbles, the latter off a sack of Marquis Couch.

Cook finished with 155 yards on 10 carries and three touchdowns. Yearby added 128 yards and two touchdowns on 14 carries and Tavius Brown had 106 yards on 6 receptions as the Rockets racked up 459 total yards on offense.

The defense chipped in with eight sacks, including two 2 1/2 by Carlin Clark, and allowed only 77 yards to the Ironmen in the second half.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/22/3642888/miami-central-routs-don-bosco.html

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back