Cedric Wright

caneinpsl

Senior
Premium
The guy looked like an animal making the special teams tackle in the second half today. Has he gotten any burn at safety yet this year? Is he the odds on favorite to replace Carter in the lineup in 2017?

Advertisement
I would say Billy Gibson, Amari Carter & Rome Finely will probably be starters before him next year, but he has looked good on Special Teams.

I'm also curious to see what Jeff James can do at either CB or FS, probably wouldn't start, but I think he has really good upside.

I forgot about Finley. We are going to be awful young in the secondary next year. but I think Jaquan Johnson at FS full-time will mitigate the inexperience of whoever wins the SS job somewhat.

Forgot about Wright. Was a nice play on ST and can he really be any worse than R. Jenkins at Safety?

Forgot about Wright. Was a nice play on ST and can he really be any worse than R. Jenkins at Safety?

Worse than Jenkins? Jenkins is the only guy that catches picks at safety. He sealed the UF game for us and made a good pick yesterday. He's going to make an NFL squad. Jenkins and Elder are the best secondary players on the team. Carter is the one that sucks. He's slow, takes bad angles, and is a huge liability in coverage. That deep ball to the wide open WR that went for a long td yesterday in one play...yeah that was Carter's fault.

Advertisement
Ohh I am not willing to completely give Jenkins a pass just because Carter sucks. He is solid, but he blows two or three plays a game that usually hurt us pretty bad. I agree that carter should just get benched at this point.

Jenkins takes terrible angles all the time and misses tackles all the time. Safety play hasn't been very good at all IMO

I can see that Wright is much faster than Carter, whose football IQ is questionable to say the least. Jeff James might surprise us too. I'm convinced our SS play will be better in 2017.

Ohh I am not willing to completely give Jenkins a pass just because Carter sucks. He is solid, but he blows two or three plays a game that usually hurt us pretty bad. I agree that carter should just get benched at this point.

Carter is the best safety we have at getting in the face of the opponent and clapping it up after giving up a 25 yard gain on 3rd and 19.

Advertisement

That's fine and no one is disagreeing with you. But he's not consistently messing up like Carter does - ie that long wide open touch down from yesterday.

Carter is the best safety we have at getting in the face of the opponent and clapping it up after giving up a 25 yard gain on 3rd and 19.

But does he rival for the longest celebration after the guy dropped the ball afternurning him?

The guys on the bench are always better than the starters, so our Safeties will be much better next year.

To add to that, the guys who aren't even here yet are better than the guys on the bench. So we have an outside chance at having the best Safety play in football next year.

The guys on the bench are always better than the starters, so our Safeties will be much better next year.

To add to that, the guys who aren't even here yet are better than the guys on the bench. So we have an outside chance at having the best Safety play in football next year.
Lol, come on now Chise nobody is actually saying that...

And Carter & Jenkins are gone after this season, so the guys on the bench & the 2017 Freshman are the ones that are going to have to play.

Advertisement
I got Deejay Dallas starting at one safety next year. And we need to move Redwine there as well.

Advertisement
Back