CBS Sports 2018 NFL Mock Draft

johnnytsunami01

Sophomore
Advertisement
I seen plenty of players get drafted high and become busts. I don't know how these players will perform against speedy DL, and DLs that move instead of attacking straight up. One thing I don't want is for us to run any stunts on the right side of our line. Alot of our big runs given up have come from that side either from those stunts or back 7 players going into the wrong gap.

I don't care about their high draft status they will have two DLs coming at them

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This will be a funny bump come April.

I would be happily surprised if any Canes go in the first.

Advertisement
Chris Trapasso should be fired for that.

Ryan Finley? A guard at #1 ?

LOL. You're absolutely correct. I didn't click the link until you said it and for someone who follows the draft, all I could do was laugh.

San Fran assumes they have their franchise QB with Jimmy G so them going OL wouldn't be too much of stretch; Nelson is that good.

No Hurricanes in the 2018 Mock draft

#1 Pick: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

#1 7 Pick: Mike McGlinchey OT, Notre Dame

Can't wait to see the new mock draft after this weekend. I got a feeling its going to change a bit. It's time for our DL especially McIntosh and Norton to show they belong. They beat the #1 pick they gain respect.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-derwin-james-lands-with-seahawks-to-be-kam-chancellors-understudy/

A team like the Colts needs to take a lineman that high. Poor Andrew Luck

I seen plenty of players get drafted high and become busts. I don't know how these players will perform against speedy DL, and DLs that move instead of attacking straight up. One thing I don't want is for us to run any stunts on the right side of our line. Alot of our big runs given up have come from that side either from those stunts or back 7 players going into the wrong gap.

I don't care about their high draft status they will have two DLs coming at them

Its cool to defend our players but ND's OL usually don't bust. They've went against some good front sevens in UGA, USC, MSU, and NcState ala similar talent to our's so let's not try to downplay their draft status; they've been cemented as 1st round picks since last year. I also hope that there isn't a lot of stunts unless Joe plays the best game of his career setting the edge because they will bust runs to the outside all day,.

Nelson is a great guard, but guards don't go first overall. The positional value just isn't high enough.

Advertisement
Advertisement

This a run first team so play straight up and stuff them on 1st down and stunt on obvious passing situations

Jeezus, I didn’t realize Larry Allen and Erik Williams were on that left side of the ND line

Chris Trapasso should be fired for that.

Ryan Finley? A guard at #1 ?

LOL. You're absolutely correct. I didn't click the link until you said it and for someone who follows the draft, all I could do was laugh.

San Fran assumes they have their franchise QB with Jimmy G so them going OL wouldn't be too much of stretch; Nelson is that good.

If you want Nelson you trade down with a team that wants Darnold (or whichever QB). But yeah, you're right, it's a good fit in terms of need and BPA...just isn't how the draft works.

But this thing was hit after hit. Ryan Finley is probably going back to school and is probably a second day pick whenever he comes out. Mason Rudolph has "Patriots second rounder" written all over him. Mark Andrews is a fringe first rounder, no chance he is Top 10.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back