CBs in the portal

Advertisement
Yeah any player or recruit who wants to transfer from any school due to anything racial is pretty much going to get there wish and be granted immediate eligibility especially with the direction the country is headed in.

I agree with the eligibility, I'm talking about the IC counters.

I realize that most people think that Covid-19 is the primary driver for so many Portal kids not finding a landing spot, but it is also the IC rules. Most schools have no IC slots left, unless they decide to blueshirt.

What happens if there are 25 blueshirts nationally? 50? 75? That is like taking 1 to 3 Division I-A schools out of the game (numerically) for the Class of 2021 high school graduates.

NCAA is going to have to do something soon.

I agree with the eligibility, I'm talking about the IC counters.

I realize that most people think that Covid-19 is the primary driver for so many Portal kids not finding a landing spot, but it is also the IC rules. Most schools have no IC slots left, unless they decide to blueshirt.

What happens if there are 25 blueshirts nationally? 50? 75? That is like taking 1 to 3 Division I-A schools out of the game (numerically) for the Class of 2021 high school graduates.

NCAA is going to have to do something soon.

Just seems obvious to me that transfers shouldn’t count as ICs, only toward the hard cap. Which also should probably be expanded to 90.

Just seems obvious to me that transfers shouldn’t count as ICs, only toward the hard cap. Which also should probably be expanded to 90.

But then you would have chaos (in the eyes of the NCAA), guys would be transferring like crazy.

I have proposed (and I think the NCAA would accept) an IC exemption for grad transfers. Maybe even extend that to kids with more than 90 credits who are in good academic standing and are making academic progress.

But the NCAA is not going to allow free-flowing transfers any time soon.

Advertisement
Whomever is charged with "letting these kids make their own decisions" needs to do a better job themselves with arming them with the best information possible. A reasonable dig into schools like Liberty, and even other bigger universities would tell you whether or not you fit, and if the place is conducive to you feeling secure (physically/emotionally) so as to not waste time.

Perhaps the easiest thing to do is to eliminate the IC altogether? Schools are allowed to have 85 kids, and that is the only limit.

But then you would have chaos (in the eyes of the NCAA), guys would be transferring like crazy.

I have proposed (and I think the NCAA would accept) an IC exemption for grad transfers. Maybe even extend that to kids with more than 90 credits who are in good academic standing and are making academic progress.

But the NCAA is not going to allow free-flowing transfers any time soon.

Well...**** the NCAA.

Advertisement
Back