Catching up with 2022 Raines WR Kareem Burke

View as article

Geo305

Retired staff
Premium
Today we are talking with 2022 Raines (FL) 3-star WR Kareem Burke. Listed at 6’0” 165 pounds, Burke was originally offered by the Miami Hurricanes last summer under Dan Enos’ staff, but that offer was recently reaffirmed by new UM offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee and WR coach Rob Likens. Burke, who has been clocked at 11.43 in the 100m as recently as February, took some time to talk with CIS about his overall recruitment and his thoughts on the game.

Q: What colleges are currently recruiting you?

A: “Toledo, Maryland, Miami, Cincinnati, Bowling Green, East Carolina, South Alabama, UConn, Rutgers, Florida State, UCF, Mississippi State, and Kansas.”

Q: Are there any schools that you are hoping to get an offer from in the future?

A: “Florida, Florida State, Rutgers, Penn State, West Virginia and Nebraska.”

Q: Any current leader or co-leaders early on in your recruitment?

A: “Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Miami, and Maryland as of now.”

Q: What are some visits you want or would like to take in the future and do you want to take more time with the process or just commit early?

A: “I would love to visit Miami again, East Carolina, Cincinnati, UConn, and Tennessee. I have no problem committing early.”

Q: What are some things you feel that you can improve on to keep getting better as a wide receiver?

A: “Just my overall game, this is going to be my third year playing receiver coming up. I just want to work on everything and master the basics of playing the position.”

Q: Are there any receivers, whether professional or collegiate, that you look up to and you try to emulate their game and craft?

A: “Stefon Diggs is one.”

Q: Would you prefer to catch a deep ball touchdown or would you rather go over the top of a defender and snag the ball in the endzone?

A: “Deep ball touchdown. All about that yards after the catch!”

Q: Who would you say has been the toughest defensive back for you to face whether it’s in a camp setting or live game?

A: “Fred Davis (freshman cornerback at Clemson), Jaheim Singletary (top 15 overall national recruit in 2022), Miles Brooks (freshman cornerback at Georgia Tech), Larry Smith (current Indiana safety commit). All four of them, because they bring different problems all game.”

Q: With the COVID-19 pandemic cancelling spring camps and football, what are some things you have been doing to stay ready for your junior season?

A: “Running a lot. Also just working out, push-ups, etc.”

Q: Do you prefer a spread or pro-style offense on the next level?

A: “Pro-style offense.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back