Carter Pledges to Miami

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
The Hurricanes keep on rolling on the recruiting trail, despite the ongoing NCAA investigation. Today, the Canes added yet another piece to the secondary, which had an incredible class last year.

Southridge Safety Jamal Carter (6'1, 200) says Coral Gables was the place to be.

"I've known my decision for about two weeks. Miami has shown me the most love," said Carter.

In the long line of great defensive backs at Miami, Carter thinks he can be up there with the best of them.

"I think I can be the next Ed Reed probably. We (him and Artie) are gonna battle for that one," he said.

On the field, Carter brings versatility from the Safety position.

"I think I can scare the other receivers, when they come across the middle they ain't gonna wanna catch the ball because I bring that pain."

Coach Golden is one of the main reason he chose Miami.

"I think I'm pretty done (with the process). Coach Golden, he's smart and I think he gonna bring the Canes back to the old days, " he added.

When asked about possible NCAA penalties, he said those had no affect on his decision.

Advertisement
The Hurricanes keep on rolling on the recruiting trail, despite the ongoing NCAA investigation. Today, the Canes added yet another piece to the secondary, which had an incredible class last year.

Southridge Safety Jamal Carter (6'1, 200) says Coral Gables was the place to be.

"I've known my decision for about two weeks. Miami has shown me the most love," said Carter.

In the long line of great defensive backs at Miami, Carter thinks he can be up there with the best of them.

"I think I can be the next Ed Reed probably. We (him and Artie) are gonna battle for that one," he said.

On the field, Carter brings versatility from the Safety position.

"I think I can scare the other receivers, when they come across the middle they ain't gonna wanna catch the ball because I bring that pain."

Coach Golden is one of the main reason he chose Miami.

"I think I'm pretty done (with the process). Coach Golden, he's smart and I think he gonna bring the Canes back to the old days, " he added.

When asked about possible NCAA penalties, he said those had no affect on his decision.

You know whats coming from you saying that... SMH

Advertisement
[video=youtube;_VEap2OkfcM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VEap2OkfcM[/video]

[video=youtube;VickBme3U6w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VickBme3U6w&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Advertisement
imagine this starting secondary in 2 to 3 years...

FS- Carter/Jenkins
SS- Burns/Bush
CB- Howard/Hope
CB- Bush/V. Davis/A. Crawford
Nickle CB- Finnie/Dortch

Bush will be Versatile and play both positions

imagine this starting secondary in 2 to 3 years...

FS- Carter/Jenkins
SS- Burns/Bush
CB- Howard/Hope
CB- Bush/V. Davis/A. Crawford
Nickle CB- Finnie/Dortch

Bush will be Versatile and play both positions

I'm greedy. I want one more elite safety, a pure safety. Or Will Likely, so Bush can concentrate on safety full time.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Peter Ariz again.

CS: Why should WR's be worried if they come across the middle.

JC: Because they might want to stay out of the hospital.

YES!!!

Advertisement
At the very worst, we gotta hit on at least ONE (being elite) of all these DB's we're bring in from these last two classes... What are we at now, 10?? If a couple become studs early on, we just reloaded this area big time!

what about this for a starting defensive back line up in a few years

fs- Jamal Carter #6
ss-Rayshawn Jenkins #29
cb-Artie Burns #8
cb-Deon Bush #2
nickel-Tracy Howard #3

depending on match-ups they could switch it around at the nickel and corner spots

then u got, hope, crawford, davis, finnie. subbing in, and on special teams, kick returns still making plays

Advertisement
Why the **** would we put Tracy Howard at Nickel? That guys gonna be starting from day one fool. Rayshawn might be at WR, so move Deon back to SS, put Tracy at CB and pencil in Larry Hope or one of them guys to be the nickel.

Love to have him aboard but why did the Ray Ray situation affect him? He would have been gone regardless, with that said Welcome to the U, Jamal.

Advertisement
Back