Carter & Cunningham Interviews

WhoDat

Junior
[video=youtube;X95tBqEIwLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X95tBqEIwLI&feature=g-u-u[/video]

[video=youtube;qsQvMJSM0_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsQvMJSM0_w&feature=g-u-u[/video]

Advertisement
These kids appear to be Canes lean at this time, but still very early in the game and things can and will change

A Stanford offer is tough to pass up. Not that UM education wise is that far behind, but Stanford is just on another level. If I had a kid, Stanford and Harvard would be the only schools I'd want my kid to attend over the U. There's just too much opportunity that opens up being a Stanford alum.

I would also consider stanford strongly if I had an offer. I still probably wouldn't ink with them because of Shaw....still not sold on him.

For those of you who for different reasons (work, etc.) can't view the video here is what I took away

Jamal Carter sounds like he really wants to be a Miami Hurricane. "They are close to home, and my momma wants me to stay home and I've been liking Miami since I was a kid." The follow up question from the interviewer was would mom's influence be a big influence and Carter said it would be strong. Young man claims to have more than 50 offers and receives letters every day. He says he doesn't even open them any more. Says coaches have his number so if they want to talk they can just call him. Says he frequently talks to Coach Paul Williams and Coach Barrow and intimated that he is really comfortable in talking to Coach Williams. He lit up like a Christmas tree when talking about the University of Miami. Says he's trying to stay humble.

Cunningham is definitely looking at us closely, but he needs more information to make his decision. That decision could come before NSD after he's gotten to visit the other schools he's serious about. Sounds like he wants to see how the teams he's interested in perform this season and to visit the other programs that he's interested in - Stanford, ND, and Alabama. He says that he plans to make an educated decision. Today I believe most people would say its between UM and Stanford. A lot of kids give lip service to the importance of academics, but you get the sense that Cunningham is genuine about how seriously he takes his future education - which is a great thing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thanks Bennu.

Carter is pretty much a done deal from where I sit. He'd be the biggest S recruit here since Kenny Phillips. Gotta close the deal with him. Cunningham has liked us throughout, but when a revered institution like Stanford comes calling, its hard to pass that up. Hopefully, we're still firmly in the mix with Stacey Coley.

Really hope Carter ends up a Cane. Would like Cunningham too, but not as much a position of need and a priority imo

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back