Can't imagine we hear until...

Canecanecane

Freshman
We lose and are not in contention for anything, or till after regular season. Why would the school mess with something that is working. The farther we go the more dollars they can potentially make. So if we were to lose this week (which I hope we don't), I wouldn't be shocked that we hear within a week. The issue is recruits. If we keep winning recruits will be happy with the program, if not then we make the change quickly, and get the new guy (hopefully Butch) to close it out. Either way I have a hard time believing we hear anything till those play out.

Advertisement
It's not "working" and Larry Scott isn't getting the job no matter what happens. Zero affect if they announce today or not.

There's what - six or seven teams right now looking for a new coach?

None of them have announced anything either.

It's just a matter of timing.

It's not "working" and Larry Scott isn't getting the job no matter what happens. Zero affect if they announce today or not.

I disagree. If they announce a hire tomorrow it would be a major distraction (especially if that hire is Butch). Media swarm and coverage would be non-stop, not to mention asking current coaches on staff if they expect to retain their job or not.

I think it could be a positive if butch got hired and players were excited. Fans and players would be excited. It's not like we're preparing for a major game or playing for anything.

Advertisement
We lose and are not in contention for anything, or till after regular season. Why would the school mess with something that is working. The farther we go the more dollars they can potentially make. So if we were to lose this week (which I hope we don't), I wouldn't be shocked that we hear within a week. The issue is recruits. If we keep winning recruits will be happy with the program, if not then we make the change quickly, and get the new guy (hopefully Butch) to close it out. Either way I have a hard time believing we hear anything till those play out.

No, it's not. If you're going to conduct a national search other than talking with agents none of these potential candidates are available to interview until their regular seasons are over. No currently employed coach is going to get permission to talk with anybody. That's why none of the open positions have been filled including Miami's.

Advertisement
Back