Canes vs. Texas 8 & 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? We gave up zero sacks and ran all over A&M so please explain WTF SStewart did whatsoever

“All game long” was an exaggeration but did you watch the 4th quarter when SS was in a lot? He got pressure quite a bit

Advertisement
Gattis can't scheme them open to save his life. Horrible, horrible hire.

I like our D, a lot. VERY proud of how they stepped up. However, everything on the O side of the ball, including Mario's management, is middle school. This is exactly what many were afraid of, myself included. You have a good QB, and you design an O that can't get WRs open. These same dudes got open last year. What happened? Gattis. Horrible fit. Horrible hire.

Next time, hire a man with a cutthroat attitude on the O side of the ball. It's 2022, not 1992. This O sucks, and it's the O Mario wants.

We had 21 first downs and couldn’t controlled the whole game hahaha gattis isn’t the issue.

We did not have a consistent offense last year. We had a boom-or-bust offense with zero consistent running game, and that relied entirely on chunk plays to score and move the chains.

We were a 7-5 team that could have been 3-9 or 9-3.
With a dynamic WR or two, this team could be deadly. Mario style offense isn't going to be **** but I tell you what, the work Mirabal/Mario has done with the OFF line is INCREDIBLE. Doesn't appear at all to be the same group from last year, but the top 6 guys are the same group.

I love the chunk plays etc, and even though we all fell in love with the Lashlee Air Raid...tonight just goes to show that we don't need to pass 50 times to be successful. We have a true balanced OFF and we just need our WRs to step it up.

We will not be out-physical'd and we will not be out-coached....just need a little more talent ready to make plays. Because FWIW, the WR room should be at least 2 guys deeper (Pope/Wigs transfers).

What's funny, is I see this from a recruiting perspective two ways....1) the Miami we used to know is long gone and the hype is real, the Canes are here to stay...clean up a mistake and a drop here/there and we win a primetime grinder road game in an electric environment. 2) If we're being honest, there's nothing A&M can tell recruits that can negatively impact us, nobody expected us to make a game of this (was supposed to be a blowout) - croots included...if I'm at A&M as a recruit last night and I'm on the fence between Miami and A&M, IMO Miami showed they were the better in every way but the experience/continuity of A&M inched them ahead for the W....when you here coaches talk about a kid being a difference maker and helping get over the hump, this is a game you can point to for the Brandon Inniss-HykeemWilliams-NJoseph-RWashington-AJean-TyWilliams etc and say all we need is YOU, and the outcome is different...and those kids will know it's 100% fact.

A&M may have won the battle tonight, but I think we actually made more progress in the war - solidifying our stronghold on elite S. FLA/FL prospects. We will lose some regardless, can't keep them all, but we will get more than our fair share

And some really poor ones too
If you listened to Herbstreit, you'd understand thst on some of the throws he missed, he had pressure and couldn't deliver the pass he wanted.

The second biggest thing is that TVD throws with anticipation. The timing and trust aren't there and that's mostly why the passes look way off.

There were only a few passes where TVD threw a bad pass with a clean pocket where the WR was wide open.

People see the end result of the play because that's what is shown on the TV, but you have to watch the sequence of things that happen during the play to judge it fairly.

Advertisement
The question is would you rather consistently mediocre or the boom or bust potential of chunk plays? I was hoping for a marriage of the two. But like I said earlier it’s not fair to criticize what lashlee did with his resources. Gattis had 3 o line coaches and a support staff. I would reckon lashlee’s o with Mario and Mirabel and company would be crazy
Without Rambo last year, the offense would be mid (and I like lash a lot). With Rambo last night it’s a diff game. Hope he’s doing well, kid elevated us big time. Hope Rhett took him to a nice *** dinner lol.

If you listened to Herbstreit, you'd understand thst on some of the throws he missed, he had pressure and couldn't deliver the pass he wanted.

The second biggest thing is that TVD throws with anticipation. The timing and trust aren't there and that's mostly why the passes look way off.

There were only a few passes where TVD threw a bad pass with a clean pocket where the WR was wide open.

People see the end result of the play because that's what is shown on the TV, but you have to watch the sequence of things that happen during the play to judge it fairly.
Herbie apparently was shoehorning a narrative, TVD was missing throws with clean pockets. There were throws where he had a ton of time, didn't pull the trigger and eventually the rush got to him. You can't expect any OL to block for 5-7 seconds without someone getting through. Coverage Pressures....

With a dynamic WR or two, this team could be deadly. Mario style offense isn't going to be **** but I tell you what, the work Mirabal/Mario has done with the OFF line is INCREDIBLE. Doesn't appear at all to be the same group from last year, but the top 6 guys are the same group.

I love the chunk plays etc, and even though we all fell in love with the Lashlee Air Raid...tonight just goes to show that we don't need to pass 50 times to be successful. We have a true balanced OFF and we just need our WRs to step it up.

We will not be out-physical'd and we will not be out-coached....just need a little more talent ready to make plays. Because FWIW, the WR room should be at least 2 guys deeper (Pope/Wigs transfers).

What's funny, is I see this from a recruiting perspective two ways....1) the Miami we used to know is long gone and the hype is real, the Canes are here to stay...clean up a mistake and a drop here/there and we win a primetime grinder road game in an electric environment. 2) If we're being honest, there's nothing A&M can tell recruits that can negatively impact us, nobody expected us to make a game of this (was supposed to be a blowout) - croots included...if I'm at A&M as a recruit last night and I'm on the fence between Miami and A&M, IMO Miami showed they were the better in every way but the experience/continuity of A&M inched them ahead for the W....when you here coaches talk about a kid being a difference maker and helping get over the hump, this is a game you can point to for the Brandon Inniss-HykeemWilliams-NJoseph-RWashington-AJean-TyWilliams etc and say all we need is YOU, and the outcome is different...and those kids will know it's 100% fact.

A&M may have won the battle tonight, but I think we actually made more progress in the war - solidifying our stronghold on elite S. FLA/FL prospects. We will lose some regardless, can't keep them all, but we will get more than our fair share
I hope you're right.

It’s hilarious that we all made TS2 to be a world beater. He sat the the bench T UGA for a reason

Advertisement
9 points, no TD’s, bad and dropped passes, inconsistent running game, horrible special team play…
Defense did its job

“All game long” was an exaggeration but did you watch the 4th quarter when SS was in a lot? He got pressure quite a bit
He had one QB pressure and 0 sacks which gives him a grand total of 1/2 of a sack and 1 "pressure" in their first three games.

He had one QB pressure and 0 sacks which gives him a grand total of 1/2 of a sack and 1 "pressure" in their first three games.

You need to rewatch and let your eyes tell you. He may not have gotten the stat line but he did absolutely make an impact. Wish we had him.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back