Canes vs GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
First of all, I know 10X what you think you know. My brother played in the NFL for 12 years. My gripe was a lineman can’t block the person infront of them
And the fumbles and god knows what else. It’s a team with terrible fundamentals and discipline across the board, so I’m confused why you are giving the coaches a pass. Yes the players need to do better, but these aren’t isolated issues. So at some point it’s on the coaches - one of teaching, scheme, recruiting, or allowing it to continue by not cutting PT.

Again, these mistakes were on the players. No coach says, "Go out there and fumble." Now, it is on the staff to make sure they pay the price in practice for fumbling.
Well, when they are making the same mistakes or uniquely new ones week in and week out, then it is ultimately on the coaching staff.

You can only continue to say week after week we need to fix that. In some cases, mistakes have never been fixed.

Advertisement
Well, when they are making the same mistakes or uniquely new ones week in and week out, then it is ultimately on the coaching staff.

You can only continue to say week after week we need to fix that. In some cases, mistakes have never been fixed.
I agree that we need to clean things up, but in my opinion we are. When was the last targeting call? How many stupid penalties did we have today? The mess ups today were 100% on the players, at least regarding the fumbles.

Still, I hate Manny's D.

And the fumbles and god knows what else. It’s a team with terrible fundamentals and discipline across the board, so I’m confused why you are giving the coaches a pass. Yes the players need to do better, but these aren’t isolated issues. So at some point it’s on the coaches - one of teaching, scheme, recruiting, or allowing it to continue by not cutting PT.
I’m not giving the coaches pass, these kids have been taught since jr league to cover the ball

Advertisement
I’m not giving the coaches pass, these kids have been taught since jr league to cover the ball
There are plenty of other basic things this team routinely fails or forgets to do. It must be a terrible coincidence that every week and so many players have these issues.

I agree that we need to clean things up, but in my opinion we are. When was the last targeting call? How many stupid penalties did we have today? The mess ups today were 100% on the players, at least regarding the fumbles.

Still, I hate Manny's D.
3rd down defense against the conference's worst 3rd down offense extended drives.

3rd and 4th down offense was awful.

Thankfully we caught a break with Sims knee down at the end.

I get the fumbles. Go watch the 29 yard touchdown run. Steed took himself out the play and Flagg had no clue where ball was on the counter.

We lose leverage presnap, kids continue to be lost, and we find new unique ways to keep bad teams in games.

Lashlee and Diaz are just 2 idiots when it comes to short yardage. For 3 weeks now we've seen this inability to get a 1st down when less than 1 yard is needed. We keep running out of shotgun with a delayed handoff. Nearly cost us the game last week and this week.

Get TVD under center and run QB sneak. It's also legal for your RB or other players to push the QB forward. It is just dumbfounding when the rules give you a layups and free-throws and the coaches say, "No. We're good shooting 3 pointers."

Advertisement
3rd down defense against the conference's worst 3rd down offense extended drives.

3rd and 4th down offense was awful.

Thankfully we caught a break with Sims knee down at the end.

I get the fumbles. Go watch the 29 yard touchdown run. Steed took himself out the play and Flagg had no clue where ball was on the counter.
We didn't play perfect, but without those fumbles, this game is a route. Any other year, we flat out lose this game.

The 2nd half, but he also looked like a deer in the headlights, going for checkdowns in mop up duty, and completely whiffing on the deeps. To say he hasn’t progressed and always been this guy is false.
He's made the plays in every game this year. There were 2 games where had bad 1st halves. He made the plays in the 2nd half of both the UVA and UNC games. He's the reason why we had a chance to win both those games. So, yes He's had it in him in every game.

We didn't play perfect, but without those fumbles, this game is a route. Any other year, we flat out lose this game.
We lost a bunch of games like this in 2019. Won a bunch as well. We are 4-2 in games like today. With 3 games left we could win them all. We are more then capable of losing any one if not all as well.

BTW, the Michigan State was close until we **** the bed the last 10 minutes.

We are what we are.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There are plenty of other basic things this team routinely fails or forgets to do. It must be a terrible coincidence that every week and so many players have these issues.
Your right Bill Belicheck! The coaches should teach a 20 year old kid to hold the ball after they have been tacked. They just found out this Spring that they tackle in this game

We lost a bunch of games like this in 2019. Won a bunch as well. We are 4-2 in games like today. With 3 games left we could win them all. We are more then capable of losing any one if not all as well.

BTW, the Michigan State was close until we **** the bed the last 10 minutes.

We are what we are.
There is no perfection in football, but with TVD we may have the key ingredient to get more W's than not. A good passing game makes other aspects of a team perform and look better... including the head coach. TVD is injecting optimism into a previously anemic program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back