Canes Transfer Portal Tracker

Advertisement
What’s up with Zion Nelson?
That guy had an odd career

-Signed as a 2-star OT App St flip at 240lbs. We laughed at this.
-Blew up to 300+ and started the season opener against UF as a True Fresh. We had signed a hidden gem.
-Projected future 1st round pick going into Soph season. We were super excited.
-Gets hurt. We were devastated.
-Remains hurt for two seasons. We forgot he was even on the roster at times.

Now we wonder what's up with him and expect portal/retirement to be in his future

McCormack should transfer to Keiser University. I'm sure they have degrees in Geriatric studies.
I would not be surprised if McCoy transfers out. Could play for Coach Hatfield.
Luis Crystalball, a logical replacement for Ms.Cleo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
SIAP…But the rest of the attrition may just be graduate/moving on/hardship? No portal, just moving on with life.

Redding
Nelson
Denis
Balom
Gore

All late in their careers and candidates to just not play anymore? That's 5 \right there, I would post a total of the number of those guys to be on next years team around 1.5u-225 ish?

I guess remaining portal to further career candidates (pure speculation) would be guys like C.Smith, Washington Twins, Freeney

I understand your sentiment on discussing this publicly. Once upon a time, I shared it. That time is no longer here though. Everything is public & right or wrong, little is off-topic. We can still have tact though.

My opinion..

College football is a business. We are shareholders in our specific company. Our opinions (while mattering little) can be shared. The moment they became paid athletes is the moment they gave up private student lives. Can’t have it both ways.

Mario Cristobal isn’t paid 80 million to worry about Reddings feelings. He’s paid 80 million to upgrade from Redding while navigating the slippery slope of locker room moral & his credibility with athletes families… all while putting out the best roster possible.

Tough juggling act which he’s paid handsomely for.

No excuses. Get it done.

I understand your points. You are entitled to your opinions.

First, as to Mario and his salary, I am quite sure Mario has had discussions with all the players. They know where they stand. And he doesn't make those discussions public.

Second, even if you are not fully in agreement with how I feel about FANS speculating on "cuts", you would probably agree with me that UM cares more about these players graduating than most other schools do. So regardless of what happens on the field, most of these kids will put UM degrees on their walls, and I don't think it's a terrible thing for us, as fans, to just let the "roster" process play out.

Again, we may all have differences of opinion, I'm just expressing how I feel after getting to know some of the all-time greats (as well as some of the all-time busts) as human beings and classmates.

Advertisement
I understand your points. You are entitled to your opinions.

First, as to Mario and his salary, I am quite sure Mario has had discussions with all the players. They know where they stand. And he doesn't make those discussions public.

Second, even if you are not fully in agreement with how I feel about FANS speculating on "cuts", you would probably agree with me that UM cares more about these players graduating than most other schools do. So regardless of what happens on the field, most of these kids will put UM degrees on their walls, and I don't think it's a terrible thing for us, as fans, to just let the "roster" process play out.

Again, we may all have differences of opinion, I'm just expressing how I feel after getting to know some of the all-time greats (as well as some of the all-time busts) as human beings and classmates.
No argument there.

I'm not a Miami alum so don't have the emotional attachment to the school.. but I'm all for integrity. That's why Mario gets a pass from me. Coaching aside, he's an elite human being.

Advertisement
Spencer just got here. I know that doesn't mean much anymore but unless Spencer wants out because he doesn't see pt in his future, Mario sure as heck isn't going to process him. Not yet.

And we can't afford to lose Freeney because we're too thin. Gore is at another guy at a position of need that we may need to hold on to for another year. We would need 2 DTs if Gore left. Campbell I agree with.
Kelly
J.Brown
Citizen
Sagapulo
Redding
Kirk
Chase Smith
Balom
Zion
Denis
Campbell
Robby Washington(Don't want this but have a gut feeling)
Bobby Washington(See above)

That's 13 which brings us down to 78 so we would have room for 7. I don't want to see the Washington brothers leave but I've got a guy feeling they are gone. Hope I'm wrong. So with that 7 we can go get

RB
DT
CB
Safety
WR
DE
Center(The kid from USC is too good to pass up.)
I tried to tell you my brother that Kaleb Spencer was out of here.

Advertisement
Back