Canes QB Commit vs Lizards Commit

Does a kid like Jacurri work with a QB coach outside of school? It seems like a lot of the top QB prospects have private coaches. I'm not sure how essential that is for a young HS QB to develop. It also might depend on the cost and weather the family can afford it.
Afaik he works with his HS OC and his WR teammate, not a private coach.

I do think the private QB coach concept is overrated. A lot of them are self-promoters who run goofy drills for social media clout. They overdrill extending plays outside of structure and their QBs become reliant on it without developing their pocket skills. You see it with guys like Jalen Hurts or Ian Book.

The most important QB training is between the ears studying film and schemes alone and with your coaching staff. Fundamentals and mechanics are low-hanging fruit.

Advertisement
Not sure Bond has the kind of speed for gaters track. They don't have a track team for 4.4/5 speed. Their track program is top tier.

Is "40 yard dash" a track event? Bottom line, whether you think he is fast enough or not, he wants to compete in track, and do so at a program that is competitive. And, yes, that is UiF.

I don't care if Bond never wins a single event for UiF, just as I have no idea whether an athlete who declares one particular major at the age of 18 will actually graduate with that major. I simply know that these are the factors they are considering when they are picking a college the first time. So there is relevance.

I'd love to see Bond pick UM over UiF, but as long as track remains one of his main criteria, I think we lose out.

Still not fast enough unless it's for depth.

It's pretty fast for a kid in rural Alabama who is not training with a top coach. So, who knows, maybe the kid thinks he can run faster at UiF.

UiF track was important to his decision-making process, it's not for us to judge that. We should be trying to improve our own track program, you've got tons of speed in SoFla.

Is "40 yard dash" a track event? Bottom line, whether you think he is fast enough or not, he wants to compete in track, and do so at a program that is competitive. And, yes, that is UiF.

I don't care if Bond never wins a single event for UiF, just as I have no idea whether an athlete who declares one particular major at the age of 18 will actually graduate with that major. I simply know that these are the factors they are considering when they are picking a college the first time. So there is relevance.

I'd love to see Bond pick UM over UiF, but as long as track remains one of his main criteria, I think we lose out.

You don’t need to go to UiF to be a world class sprinter, if that’s what you’re shooting for. You can do that at the U.

You don’t need to go to UiF to be a world class sprinter, if that’s what you’re shooting for. You can do that at the U.

Well duh.

If you've got speed, you'll have it anywhere.

Now who are some top male sprinting names who've come through our program? They're at the top of the game from nutrition to coaching.

Fact is, many schools produce more than we do. It is what it is and when people think collegiate track, we aren't anywhere near the top of the list.

Advertisement
Well duh.

If you've got speed, you'll have it anywhere.

Now who are some top male sprinting names who've come through our program? They're at the top of the game from nutrition to coaching.

Fact is, many schools produce more than we do. It is what it is and when people think collegiate track, we aren't anywhere near the top of the list.

That’s a chicken and and egg argument. You can come to the U and be an Olympic sprinter. We’ve done it on the women’s side, but haven’t recruited the men well. That’s the only difference. Amy Deem has an excellent reputation, but it apparently only translates to women, and only occasionally.

For non-football players the issue is clear. Tuition costs. There are virtually no full ride scholarships for track. So where are you going to go if you had to pay most of the way? A state school, or a private school?

About coaching, it’s important, but I don’t know how involved you’ve ever been with track. I have. Most of the top tier kids have had personal coaches, some of them since junior high and they keep having them through college. They train year round. Most people aren’t aware of how the game is played.

That’s a chicken and and egg argument. You can come to the U and be an Olympic sprinter. We’ve done it on the women’s side, but haven’t recruited the men well. That’s the only difference. Amy Deem has an excellent reputation, but it apparently only translates to women, and only occasionally.

For non-football players the issue is clear. Tuition costs. There are virtually no full ride scholarships for track. So where are you going to go if you had to pay most of the way? A state school, or a private school?

About coaching, it’s important, but I don’t know how involved you’ve ever been with track. I have. Most of the top tier kids have had personal coaches, some of them since junior high and they keep having them through college. They train year round. Most people aren’t aware of how the game is played.

Why would a male track star come here rather than go to a school that is producing some of the countries next stars? There's no reason, absolutely none. We haven't shown we can produce crap on the men's side.

So back to your original point, what purpose did that serve? I know my kid wouldn't be coming here for track, no chance. It is what it is, it's business, and it wouldn't change what school I'm a fan of.

It is a question that has vexed philosophers since the Greeks. But it seems we may now have the answer to the beguilingly simple question: "Which came first?" It's the egg. This reassuring conclusion was the work of an expert panel including a philosopher, geneticist and chicken farmer.

"Whether chicken eggs preceded chickens hinges on the nature of chicken eggs," said panel member and philosopher of science David Papineau at King's College London. "I would argue it's a chicken egg if it has a chicken in it. If a kangaroo laid an egg from which an ostrich hatched, that would surely be an ostrich egg, not a kangaroo egg. By this reasoning, the first chicken did indeed come from a chicken egg, even though that egg didn't come from chickens."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why would a male track star come here rather than go to a school that is producing some of the countries next stars? There's no reason, absolutely none. We haven't shown we can produce crap on the men's side.

So back to your original point, what purpose did that serve? I know my kid wouldn't be coming here for track, no chance. It is what it is, it's business, and it wouldn't change what school I'm a fan of.

Ok so you don’t get it.

By the way if my kid was an Olympic quality runner, he would be going to the U. No question.

Ok so you don’t get it.

By the way if my kid was an Olympic quality runner, he would be going to the U. No question.

I get it, but you're being as obtuse as ever and a blind *** homer to boot.

By the way, it's laughable what you think collegiate track is, just some coaches and an off season coach. There's much more to it, but you can't look openly out into the world that exists beyond Coral Gables. Nothing wrong with that, but own it.

Advertisement
Back