Canes putting focus on S Gilbert

View as article
They might off, but they also might not...

They already have Dakota Mitchell from Orlando & just got a commitment from Khari Gee from Georgia yesterday.

The other Safeties they're after are, Sage Ryan from Lafayette, Kendal Daniels from Oklahoma, Tysheem Johnson from Philly & possibly Kamren Kinchens (although I believe Gee got his spot already).

They already let Kaine Williams from Marrero go to Bama & last year they took Jordan Toles from St. Frances Academy in BMore & all their CB's from last year were from TX & Cali.

People always assume they're just going to take all the local kids, but after you win a Natty most programs expand & go national. Lots of local Louisiana prospects are not a take for LSU unless they're upper echelon 4/5-stars.
Didn't they have a mini-revolt of New Orleans HS coaches a few years ago for not focusing enough locally?

Advertisement
Here's the comments today from LSU reporter:

Busch talks to Gilbert daily, per Gilbert.
I think for LSU it was a matter of when you offer a Baton Rouge kid who goes to school on campus, you have to be ready to take his commitment.

They were hoping to see him in spring ball or get him to camp since last summer he didn't camp at LSU as he recovered from injury.

I won't be surprised that with Gee and Mitchell on board if they don't feel out the other national guys and make a move sooner than later on offering Gilbert, especially knowing you also have Sage Ryan in-state who can definitely play safety if that's where you want to put him.

There is similar discussion about Malik Nabers. They have guys ahead of him, too.

LSU will swoop in at the last minute and take him

Advertisement
Back