Canes not a top 8 seed, Canes take on Bethune Cookman

CanesSwaGG

Recruit
Canes were snubed of a top 8 seed because of there dissapointing run in the ACC Tournanment. Canes will have to face the winning of the Gainesville region if they make it that far which shouldnt be a problem.

Canes will host Bethune Cookman at 7pm Friday at Mark Light Stadium

#1 Miami
#4 Bethune Cookman
#3 Columbia
#2 Texas Tech

See you at the Light GO CANES

Advertisement
Unless we had won the ACC I don't think we would have been top 8 seed. Either way we can't complain at all about our bracket. UF is not a lock to get out of their region.

In all likelihood it's gonna be us vs the Gators in the Super Regional with a spot in Omaha on the line.

Bring it on.

Our usual super regional trip. This is why college baseball ****es me off. We shouldn't have to be playing UF in the supers.

Advertisement
Unless we had won the ACC I don't think we would have been top 8 seed. Either way we can't complain at all about our bracket. UF is not a lock to get out of their region.

We have beat UF 2 out of 3 this year i have alot of confedence in this canes team there posided for a great run in this tournament

If the selection committee did their job we wouldn't be playing UF in supers.

UF was #2 national seed, we were right on the bubble for national seed so probably at worst we were around 10-11.

If you ranked top 8 then next 8 UF should be matched with 15 we should be matched with like 6-7-8.

It isn't fair to both teams really.

uF can't be happy about the draw. They end up with the national two seed and likely have to face the hottest team in the country that took 2 of 3 from them.

Lol at the committee saying that it's ok for Miami and UF to be paired for the 15th time "because it hasn't happened in 2 years"

It's nothing new for the committee to make these types of decisions, but that doesn't justify it either. Especially when they spout off that kind of reasoning to back it up

Advertisement
Seed the top 16 properly and stop taking geography in to account. I understand taking geography in to account for the first round and maybe over/under seeding teams a spot or two to keep travel down, but FFS get the top 16 right and who cares how far someone has to travel for the supers.

Seed the top 16 properly and stop taking geography in to account. I understand taking geography in to account for the first round and maybe over/under seeding teams a spot or two to keep travel down, but FFS get the top 16 right and who cares how far someone has to travel for the supers.

This really is something that has to change, but it won't if the schools aren't going to make any noise about it. The national writers gave it some grief today, though. They are tired of the same stale matchups. Someone pointed out that Bethune Cookman traveled to Washington for a series two weeks ago, but the committee chairman specifically said that they kept BCU on a bus for travel purposes.

We have beat UF 2 out of 3 this year i have alot of confedence in this canes team there posided for a great run in this tournament

Exactly.

Great run by this squad, but it means **** if you dump the lawn. They knew what was at stake in Greensboro, and they didn't show up. No crying now...win your regional and worry about U*** IF you get there and they do. We can beat them..I know that...I always worry about a Stoney Brook result long before that. Got to get them bats rockin.

UM

Advertisement
Back