Canes Move Into 2nd Place For OT Walker

View as article
Advertisement
There is arguably no greater need than offensive linemen for Miami in the 2020 cycle and the target sitting at the top of the board for the Canes is South Carolina 4-star OT commit Issiah Walker. Walker, a local prospect from Miami Norland, visited Miami twice over the last week, the first of which was last Tuesday, with the second coming on Sunday.

“The visits went very well. Those visits were more about getting around the coaches and getting closer to them. I was talking to all the coaches and watching film with coach (Butch) Barry.”

Walker seems to have a very good relationship with coach Barry, and he got a personalized workout with Barry during his Sunday trip to campus for Miami’s OL/DL camp.

“He is a very cool coach and someone I can be around and coached by,” Walker said. “Working out with coach was great, he taught me a lot of great techniques that I’m definitely using in the season. Our relationship is very, very strong.”

While on the visits, Walker strengthened his relationship not only with Barry but also with head coach Manny Diaz.

“His and my relationship got stronger since the day he offered. Very cool coach. He has that positive energy. All the staff including coach Diaz would always tell me that they want me to be a Cane and they say I would fit into the offensive line perfectly.”

Walker will return to South Carolina this weekend for an unofficial visit. While he does not know when he will return to Miami, Walker did say that Miami will most likely receive one of his remaining official visits and that the Canes were now running in second place. Walker is also considering officials to FSU, Florida, LSU, and Auburn.

“Right now, I’m just enjoying the process.”

What would it take for Miami to overtake South Carolina?

“I would have to feel really comfortable at their school.”
Just saying, pretty sure hes VERY comfortable...

Which means we are likely 3rd
LOL! This reminds me of the scene in the movie “Swingers” where they’re telling Mike to wait 2 days before calling the girl he met at the bar and why and when Mike asks them how many days they’re going to wait until they call the girls they met, the 2 dudes simultaneously say 5.

Cook out is the ****. Went to Tennesee once & had it. Wish there was one in PA.
There were a number of them in Richmond when I lived there as well as in Hampton Roads. They’ve opened one in Salisbury, Maryland on the Eastern Shore so I think it’s a matter of time until we start seeing them all over MD.

Advertisement
Leatherwood?
Yeah. Leatherwood. I saw a video on YouTube that said Paradise Camp. I clicked it on and found out it was like two years ago. It showed Nevaughn Donaldson and Leatherwood, I think in OL drills. These were two huge OLs who seemed to lumber backwards when they had to set up in pass pro. I know both were highly rated but they seemed noticeably slower than the other, smaller OLs. Leatherwood was especially elite in HS.

Advertisement
If this kid wanted to be here he would be committed already. Our luck hasn't been good with SoFla kids who play the game and wait **** out lately. Unless we win 10+ this year odds are he's not coming.

Not sure 10-11 wins will garner any attention from Walker. He probably picked up all the bags that USCe has to offer for the 2020 class. I just don’t see Isiah coming to Miami, if anything if he does indeed leave the ‘***** hanging, maybe he will limp his way to Athens.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back