CANES Identity

mdpcane

All-American
What is Miami's offensive identity and more importantly what is the Canes identity as a team at this point ?

After starting 2017 10-0, the Canes have since gone 5-5, with three of those wins being over Savannah State, Toledo, and FIU and the other two a 1 point win over very weak FSU and a blowout over pathetic North Carolina.

Advertisement
What is Miami's offensive identity and more importantly what is the Canes identity as a team at this point ?
/QUOTE]
Identity "politics" always got me in trouble... I hope your thread goes well for you.
Capturemfo.PNG

Last edited:

After starting 2017 10-0, the Canes have since gone 5-5, with three of those wins being over Savannah State, Toledo, and FIU and the other two a 1 point win over very weak FSU and a blowout over pathetic North Carolina.

Attachments

• F8E9FFE9-32BF-43C8-BB37-657D67B8002F.jpeg
    F8E9FFE9-32BF-43C8-BB37-657D67B8002F.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 14
Advertisement
Imo we're viewed nationally as a team that doen't have a capable quarterback on it's roster. We're like some of the LSU, Michigan and Florida teams of the last few years, great defensively, offensively challenged, especially under center.

Pathetic offense AND SPECIALS TEAMS points to far more than poor QB play.

Gators just beat LSU with a slower 6' 5" Malik Rosier 52% passer. Let the Bicht slurper excuses flow.

Same identity Michigan, Notre Dame, LSU, and UGA have. Run, first, offense to set up the pass.

Shouldn’t be, with our skill talent and the current OL. But that’s who are HC is.

Advertisement
Your Offensive identity is something that you do well and force other teams to stop it. Our Offense doesn't do anything well so we still don't have one through 7 games.

People would be amazed how many plays Jim Kelly made up in the huddle.

Like Rocky Belk you do a flag, Joe Brodsky you do a 15 yard button hook basically sandlot plays .

JIM Kelley knew this game is not rocket science, till we take the thinking and micro management out we will have issues.

Just an example

GOCANES

I have mentioned this for 2yrs now. This is Richt’s biggest L as far as I’m concerned. He doesn’t seem to be installing an attitude. The lack of skill on the OL could be the biggest issue on why we lack an identity. Hopefully, Reed, Campbell and Gaynor can help with this...a OC/QB combo that sees value in MOVING THE CHAINS would also be nice. Drags, check downs to the flat and screens would all be helpful.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back