Canes fans in Greensboro

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
I want a thread to thank the Canes fans who represented in Greebsboro. I just rewatched the last 5 minutes of the game, and as Brown goes to the line with 14.2 seconds left, you can hear (over Vitale) the "It's great to be a Miami Hurricane" cheer as if there were 20,000 Miami fans there.

Advertisement
I was there and words can't describe how awesome it was! I had chills! Unforgettable weekend!

I want a thread to thank the Canes fans who represented in Greebsboro. I just rewatched the last 5 minutes of the game, and as Brown goes to the line with 14.2 seconds left, you can hear (over Vitale) the "It's great to be a Miami Hurricane" cheer as if there were 20,000 Miami fans there.

It was a long, but worthwhile weekend. Over the years, I have come to know many other alums and fans of the school who we label "Kings of the Road", because they are pretty much at every away game (and most big home games). I like to consider them my Cane friends.....and it's refreshing to see them at every road tailgate I've been to.

It's been a tough decade, sports-wise for our school. It was just an amazing feeling not only doing that, but doing it by punking Carolina on basically their home court (that was about as close to a home game as possible). Miami fans were severly outnumbered, but we more than made up for it with our extreme charisma and passion.

I am totally spent....I look exhausted in my pics with my hungover self and bags under my eyes.....and I have no voice.

Couldn't be happier....or proud to be a UM Alum. Lot of hugging and embracing after the game......

Nice going to the traveling Canes fans. FWIW, you looked loud and proud on TV. Shane's mom hyperventilating on the verge of fainting was precious stuff. So proud of this team. Kudos to you all for representin.

Advertisement
Was great hearing it overshadow the always creepy Tar **** chant. Thanks for doing it for those of us who didn't make it.

Small but loud and proud. Always reminds me of the Keith Jackson line from the Rose Bowl "....but that puddle of orange and green is having a great time"

thats the best part of being a cane--we might not have 70k at our school and we might not fill up our stadium but **** the pride the alumni feel is so much greater than those dog**** big 10 schools.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back