2013: B-CU 29, FAMU 10
2014: B-CU 18, FAMU 17
2015: B-CU 35, FAMU 14
2016: B-CU 39, FAMU 19
2017: B-CU 29, FAMU 24
2018: B-CU 33, FAMU 19
2019: B-CU 31, FAMU 27

Carry on Rattlers 😜
Touché Pussycat, y'all up right now. Gotta tip my hat to y'all. Buuuuuut, 49-23-1, ijs....

Advertisement
95% of the best musicians at UM are way to busy grinding at Frost to consider being in the band. Leaves a small pool.
I used to hear that. I also met people who claimed to be in the band but were not students. I was told the small number of available, interested students necessitated adding in former or non-students. Anybody know if it is true?

Can’t wait until the Orange Blossom classic in Sept. Love my Canes but I’ll be rooting them on against Bama from the Guitar Hotel. Not missing Famu being at HRS for the first time in 40+ years playing another HBCU!

Can’t wait until the Orange Blossom classic in Sept. Love my Canes but I’ll be rooting them on against Bama from the Guitar Hotel. Not missing Famu being at HRS for the first time in 40+ years playing another HBCU!
Jackson State with Deion Sanders should bring a crowd for that one!

If we're gonna pay Division I-AA schools to come to Joe Robbie Stadium, then those checks ought to go to either Bethune-Cookman or Florida A&M.

Not only for the reasons mentioned above, but also to support HBCU's and keep those dollars in our state.

It's both the smart thing and the right thing to do.

I think it was Mark Packer who is on ACC network and radio discussed this and said how he thought it was important to help the smaller programs in your own state and it helps keep the money in state too... he used Miami as an example with us playing FAMU and Bethune

Advertisement
I think it was Mark Packer who is on ACC network and radio discussed this and said how he thought it was important to help the smaller programs in your own state and it helps keep the money in state too... he used Miami as an example with us playing FAMU and Bethune
Wonder why neither of our two rivals have played a football game against Bethune-Cookman or Florida A&M?

Do they not care about what's good for our state?

All P5 teams play at least one or 2 FCS teams every year. It makes sense that we should play FAMU every year or every other year if possible. For all the reasons listed previously in this thread. If we are going to give that money, give it to a state HBCU.

Plus, everyone loves the halftime. One of the very few times that you’ll see people hang around inside the stadium to watch the halftime show.

And you won’t find a nicer, or more polite, or friendlier group of opposing fans.

I used to hear that. I also met people who claimed to be in the band but were not students. I was told the small number of available, interested students necessitated adding in former or non-students. Anybody know if it is true?

Yes, UM has gone back and forth on this a few times.

Here's the real deal (my best friend was in The Band of the Hour every year he was at UM)...

F$U requires first-year music students to be in the F$U marching band. Miami does NOT require any of the music students to be in The Band of the Hour. The vast majority of those in the UM band are NON-music students who were in their HS marching bands. AT TIMES, UM has allowed MDCC students to participate in the UM band, but this has never caused the size of the UM band to skyrocket.

Advertisement
Wtf is in charge of scheduling?! Wassup with these fokyn cupcakes?!
We play UF and ND in '24 and South Carolina in '26. Still 2 spots left for '26 so I assume we will have at least one more P5 school in there. No problem scheduling FAMU.

Why schedule this trash? These games are pointless. No more Savanah State, Charleston Southern, Central Connecticut, FAMU, BCC, garbage. I understand everyone else does it but who cares it's crap. Not only does it not help the team, it screws the season ticket holder. It is a subpar product.

Get teams like BYU, Coastal Carolina, Boise State, Colorado, Utah, etc to play.

It's called "Keeping the money home." FCS schools need the paydays from P5 schools to meet their athletic budgets. I'd rather see these in-state schools get the money than some out-of-state MAC school. It's helping out your neighbor. Some of these coaches have U Miami ties and many of their kids are from South Florida.
Garbage!!! We shouldn't be worrying about other programs budgets. Reward the season ticket holders n schedule good opponents.

Advertisement
BYU, Boise State, Colorado and Utah would be home-and-home only.

Coastal Carolina would probably try to hold-out for a 2-for-1.

The I-AA programs (like Bethune-Cookman and Florida A&M) are likely the only teams that'd come to JRS for the $$$ we're paying and with no return game.

So s
BYU, Boise State, Colorado and Utah would be home-and-home only.

Coastal Carolina would probably try to hold-out for a 2-for-1.

The I-AA programs (like Bethune-Cookman and Florida A&M) are likely the only teams that'd come to JRS for the $$$ we're paying and with no return game.
So sign a home n home. I'd rather get 1 Miami vs BYU game than 2 Miami vs FAMU games.

Advertisement
So s

So sign a home n home. I'd rather get 1 Miami vs BYU game than 2 Miami vs FAMU games.
Problem is the vast majority of upper echelon Division I-A teams want a minimum of 7 home games.

So that necessitates scheduling at least one I-AA cupcake or a bottom feeder from MAC or Sun Belt like Akron or Louisiana-Monroe.

Not to mention coaches are gonna push back against their ADs if they don't have at least one gimme on the non-conference schedule.

Garbage!!! We shouldn't be worrying about other programs budgets. Reward the season ticket holders n schedule good opponents.
You're going to get 1 maybe 2 good non conference opponents and 2 cupcakes each year. That's the same for every team playing an 8 game conference schedule including Alabama who plays Miami, Mercer (FCS), Southern Miss., and New Mexico St.

We have Alabama, Appalachian St., Central Connecticut (FCS), and Michigan St. Clemson plays in-stat HBCU S. Carolina St. and also Uconn so I don't know what the **** you're complaining about. This is how the football ecosystem works.

Advertisement
Back