Canes depth chart by 2012-2014 recruiting classes only

rayray

Sophomore
i think this gives a good overview of what miami is going to look like in the future in terms of what positions are a strength and which look weaker

(by the way i'm using the term "depth chart" here pretty liberally. the names are ordered by a mix of skill/seniority, but that's not really the point of this exercise.)

QB

Brad Kayaa
Kevin Olsen
Malik Rosier

RB

Duke Johnson
Gus Edwards
Joe Yearby
Trayone Gray
Ray Lewis III
Walter Tucker

WR

Stacy Coley
Herb Waters
Malcolm Lewis
Braxton Berrios
Darrell Langham
Tyre Brady
D’Mauri Jones

TE

Beau Sandland
Standish Dobard
Chris Herndon

OL

Ereck Flowers
KC McDermott
Trevor Darling
Reilly Gibbons
Sunny Odogwu
Danny Isidora
Taylor Gadbois
Nick Linder
Alex Gall
Hunter Knighton

DE

Tyriq McCord
Al-Quadin Muhammed
Chad Thomas
Trent Harris
Demetrius Jackson
Dwayne Hoilett
Jelani Hamilton

DT

Ufomba Kamalu
Anthony Moten
Michael Wyche
Calvin Heurtelou
Courtel Jenkins
Earl Moore

LB

Raphael Kirby
Alex Figueroa
Jermaine Grace
Darrion Owens
Mike Smith
Juwon Young
Terry McCray
Jawand Blue

CB

Tracy Howard
Ladarius Gunter
Artie Burns
Corn Elder
Antonio Crawford
Larry Hope
Nate Dortch
Ryan Mayes

S

Rayshawn Jenkins
Deon Bush
Jamal Carter
Kiy Hester
Marques Gayot

[removed terry & ivery RIP]

Last edited:
Advertisement
A few players are seniors this year and will be gone (Sandland) others have been left out like Owens, Wychee , Hertulou(sic)

A few of those names are no longer with the program, but I get your point. Talent wise we are much better.

my thoughts

offense

qb looks great obviously, especially with gibson on the horizon, which is as important as anything imo. running back should be okay provided miami can pick up a few real good players in 2015. gus edwards should be a good back but obviously missing on alex collins and dalvin cook still stings.

miami really needs to hit on a few of the 3 star receivers in this class because dorsett is gone next year, and if stacy coley leaves after his third year things start to look pretty grim. going by 247's ratings miami missed on the top 10 WRs in florida this year if you count JC jackson as a DB. obviously miami likes langham and brady more than some other guys the recruiting services have rated higher, so we shall see.

tight end seems shaky too, seems like miami should really go hard for a top level 2015 talent.

both the offensive line depth and top level talent is amazing and could cover up for the patchier eras at the skill positions. at least that's the hope.

defense

laying it out like this makes me feel pretty good about the direction of the defense from a talent standpoint (TRENDING UPWARDS). great top level talent and depth at DE assuming chad thomas sticks as we all assume. DT is still missing a game changer or two but the depth is certainly getting much better from where it was.

linebacker looks pretty great to me assuming figueroa turns into the beast we all assume he will be and kirby picks things up. but there's a lot of depth here now and some upside plays with guys like darrion owens and mike smith.

the secondary looks pretty **** fantastic right now, especially if miami can pick up a few stud corners in 2015 to come up behind burns/elder etc. safety obviously looking awesome from a top end standpoint and the depth seems to be getting there.

overall this still looks like a roster maybe 5-10 GREAT players short of being in the top 10 perennially but from a talent standpoint miami is far and above any team in the division, and right with clemson in terms of nipping at FSU's heels. a strong 2015 class combined with further shedding of some lesser players from the post-shapiro era could go a long way.

At the very least starting next year thedefense should no longer be dwelling in the 60 and below rankings .we have enough talent not to be getting ran up and down the fied by the Wake Forest's of the cfb world. No excuses!!!!! Of course, this is all wishful thinking on my part. Golden and No'D are much smarter than us and have a 10 yr gameplan.

Advertisement
Advertisement
WR, DT, and LB could use a little work south florida LB and DT have been down as far as quality depth the last few years which highlights misses (MT6, Skai, Bostwick etc). idk about perennial top 10 talent but def 10 win/win division talent level is there

Advertisement
Back