Canes bs Noles - Game 2 - 7pm, ACCN

The problem with playing both catchers in the lineup is you can't pinch hit for a .172 Perez.
You could have and put Jones in if you reached Bot 9. I’m not sure anyone is healthy but Mike Rosario, but that probably would have been an upgrade.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I really question Gino's lineup tonight with both Gutierrez and Perez hitting a combination under 200.

They weren't the reason we lost, but they didn't do anything to help us win. Just a terrible game offensively and defensively as a whole by the team The team didn't execute the basic fundamentals in a night where the bullpen kept us in the game.

Let's see which Miami team shows up tomorrow.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You could have and put Jones in if you reached Bot 9. I’m not sure anyone is healthy but Mike Rosario, but that probably would have been an upgrade.
I just don't understand the thought process. It's like he needs to have it blow up in his face in order to make a change.

Meanwhile, there are lost opportunities when we're basically giving away outs. More balls put into play may be the difference in winning and losing. It was tonight with YoYo and Romero striking out with 2nd & 3rd and no outs.

Opportunities could develop at the bottom of the order with just one hitter replaced.

I’d be happy if I never have to watch Perez hit again. All he does is hit fly balls and K except when that is what he needs to do. Dude couldn’t have rolled a better double play. Please don’t play him again this year.

Advertisement
Man, tomorrow is huge for the ACC race…

Win and we’re looking at a potential series win (2-1) at home vs ND to finish 1st in the ACC no matter what anyone else does.

That’s assuming we get no extra help from Louisville or Pitt tomorrow.

Advertisement
FSU will pitch Montgomery today who is a righty so Gino will probably put as many left handed batters in the lineup as possible. I could see Mike Rosario starting in one of those outfield spots.

Advertisement
Back