Can we talk football x's and o's

407cane

All-ACC
Enough with the hurricane and the back and forth. Miami got lucky (hopefully the same for us in central Florida tomorrow morning)

For those who like getting into analysis, LuCane, D money, anyone else...

how do you believe richt will exploit this fsu defense? Rpo them to death with their terrible yard per play allowed?

Will we run it down their throats to try to open up the long ball, especially how well we have been with run blocking?
What gives us the best chance to win and what gives fsu the best chance.. Scheme wise not something obvious like turnovers

I think we can all agree the matchup we want to see is Herndon and njoku vs the noles linebackers and our defensive line and their offensive live

Any ideas or thoughts on how Diaz plans to spy cook with one of our three linebackers or jaquan?

We're almost there, two days!

Advertisement
I bet after see the UNC game he will start with some short passes in the flats to pull them in. Once they start jumping those we run right pass and get long balls. Walton and Yearby trade off touches with Walton getting the bulk of the carries. That brings in the LB's and opens the middle for the TE's to take a couple of passes or opens up the long ball. I bet Manny will be aggressive but smart. He knows he has some young guns that Dalvin can exploit. I'm guessing be blitz a lot but keep a LB out to spy Cook. They will get yards on us, but I think we have enough to handle them.

First of all [MENTION=753]407[/MENTION] Cane hope y'all stay safe. Cat4 sucks.

I would love to see us come out with the old Jimmy Johnson 'First and TD' deep pass down the sideline since they will likely be expecting us to establish the running game in the first couple of series.

However, I think Richt is going to take a strategic approach by calling standard plays we have run over the last few games then mix things up with plays we haven't seen. I think we can exploit them with slants if we are able to establsh the run.

Advertisement
Back