Can we just agree that...

Otowncane

5th year sophomore
Premium
We are not as good as we all hoped (over confident based on 3 weaker Opponents) and not as bad as last year and could have been based on players lost at beginning of the season. Noles and canes always to have epic battles. Everything we do this year is going make us that much better next year. Honestly did anyone think we would go 12-0???? We all wanted it but not realistic.

Advertisement
The only thing I'll agree to is that we are not totally out of the woods in regards to be being poorly coached.

The play calling I saw last night was among the worst I've seen in the last 30 years. Mark Richt, the OC, should be ******* ashamed of himself this morning.

I figured it would be a dog fight because I'm not confident in this offense

What I didn't figure is finding out what a gigantic soft nanny we have at QB and to make matters worse.. the oline is actually WORSE than the QB

Now we have a rabid fan base that wants richt to get into an offense where the D won't have to do anything else besides peel their ears back and attack an FCS trash O line with a QB that is scared as *** at the slighest sign of pressure.

People are saying we didn't take shots down field.. we did

People are saying we didn't use the Tight ends.. they either were not open, or ( most of the time ) were in max protection and kayaa.still.gets.hit

Advertisement
Defense is still thin, they were gassed in the 2nd half

Kaaya got his bell rung twice, O Line is trash

Offensive play calling was uninspired

Dumb penalties negating big plays or just after big plays killing momentum

Same **** different season

Nah, I don't agree on that. No one expected us to be world beaters based on the first 4 games. Any reasonable person watching last night's game could see we refused to beat FSU.

Losing to FSU for the 7th straight time is the issue. Miami had a chance to make a statement and we laid an egg. No one expected to go 12-0 but we should have beaten that FSU team last night. 3 straight we had a lead on FSU *** in the second half and lost because of ****** offensive play calling and bad OL play. The last 2 years we fell apart after losing to them. Let's see how Richt responds.

Richt was not the problem. His hands are tied, because of the horrible OL.

276 yards, 88 yards in the 2nd half vs one of the worst defenses in college football. Richt was a major problem.

Jimbo ran circles around him last night

Advertisement
Richt has obvious weaknesses on Offense. Manny also has weaknesses on defense, but the defense did a really good job with what they have. Manny seems to do better with what they were given which to be honest is crap on both sides of the ball. .

Our o-line is average, but some posters figured we were fine going in and said we'd go undefeated. I knew we would have issues given that our starting LT in Darling should be a guard and that Sunny's suspect at RT. That and Nick Linder looks to have actually regressed since his freshman year. Tyree St. Louis shouldn't be seeing playing time either as he needs another year of development. I've said that Donaldson was our most important recruit and last night confirmed it as we still need help on the O-line. Also that kid that we got to transfer from LSU will probably be heavily needed next year. Telfort now remains the most important flip as I'll gladly trade Henderson for Telfort.

FSU's defense is trash, but when you play your rival, you wake the **** up. How else would you explain the previous two years where a Golden team almost beat Jimbo, especially in 2014 when they still had Jameis and we still had one of the worse defenses. I'm not going to start blaming Richt and calling for the man's head. This isn't on him. Did he call a perfect game? **** no. But that O-line needs to be the focal point of improvement going forward.

2nd half was a complete embarrassment all around. Something you would expect to see from a Golden led team. Just an absolute pathetic choke job. 80 yards of offense vs the worst fsu defense in my lifetime lol

Nah, I don't agree on that. No one expected us to be world beaters based on the first 4 games. Any reasonable person watching last night's game could see we refused to beat FSU.
Have to disagree. This implies we were clearly superior, and simply under-performed. Our oline, Wrs, Qb, OC performed about the same as they have been performing all season. We all hoped(I think they did too) they were just saving themselves. They weren't. It is who they are. Hopefully they recognize their deficiencies and really hopefully, they have the capability to adjust and improve.

Advertisement
We are not as good as we all hoped (over confident based on 3 weaker Opponents) and not as bad as last year and could have been based on players lost at beginning of the season. Noles and canes always to have epic battles. Everything we do this year is going make us that much better next year. Honestly did anyone think we would go 12-0???? We all wanted it but not realistic.

No.

I think we can all agree that our OC is a failure. Being that this is his first season calling in close to a decade, you'd figure a coach would be constantly analyzing and evolving his play calling until he finds what works. To not make any adjustments, or learn any lessons after the pitiful performance in the Gtech game is alarming and huge signs of a Corch.

We have no idea what kind of OC he will bc
- OL is awful
- Best WR is soft
- Berrios drops 2 passes that hit him in the hands
- RBs are OK

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back