Can someone tell me..

Advertisement
How the heck Christian Ponder, and EJ Manuel get taken in the 1st round?

They both trash!

Look who picked them. There is a reason those teams have sucked the past 10 years.

Don't think I've ever been as shocked at a pick when I heard Minnesota took Ponder at #12

They both trash!

Look who picked them. There is a reason those teams have sucked the past 10 years.

Don't think I've ever been as shocked at a pick when I heard Minnesota took Ponder at #12

Erratic train wreck at FSU, sure, let's blow a Top 15 pick on him! There's no wondering as to why some franchises freaking stink. Similar cases in point: Miami, Buffalo, Raiders.

Advertisement
image.jpg

They both trash!

Erratic train wreck at FSU, sure, let's blow a Top 15 pick on him! There's no wondering as to why some franchises freaking stink. Similar cases in point: Miami, Buffalo, Raiders.

don't forget about cleveland. and surprisingly the patriots have drafted poorly lately

Advertisement
Neither seemed like a 1st round QB to me. They both have nice skill sets but nothing that says slam dunk NFL franchise QB. To me, Ponder needed to hold a clip board for a few years and then he still needs to be in the right system. Same witb Manuel to a slightly lesser extent. I think both have the raw tools to be moderately successful NFL QBs in the right environment.

The NFL has gone nuts rushing young QBs into action before they are ready. There also seems to be in my humble opinion, a lack of quality coaching and development of QBs at that level. Seems as though more and more the NFL expects QBs to be close to finished products or somewhat close when they arrive.

Unfortunately for Ponder and Manuel, neither received anything close to that type of coaching at FSU.

NFL teams are quick to pull the trigger.....they are always in the win now mode and a lot of them panic. Then they throw these guys to the fire and if they aren't putting up big numbers or winning within 2 years they pull the plug. Very few QB can come in, win and look impressive right away

Buffalo and Minnesota reached big time with EJ and Ponder but those teams have been a revolving door for QB for over 10 years.

You can say on one hand Jimbo's QB development doesn't pan out at the next level but on the other he can tell recruits I'll get you drafted high and PAID. What you do at the next level is up to you....

Last edited:
dont know how NFL guys saw film of those 2 doing bootlegs and screens all day and said lets pull the trigger

dont know how NFL guys saw film of those 2 doing bootlegs and screens all day and said lets pull the trigger

this. especially ponder. i can't recall him throwing any other pass than a bubble screen or checkdown do a back. i literally laughed when i saw him taken in the first round. guy can barely throw it 45 yards. youtube it

Advertisement
I hope that Jameis continues the trend of FSU QB's flopping in the NFL. Given his off the field track record to this point, I am all but certain he will go down in a glorious blaze of fire.

As a Bills fan we were out raged after trading back. Its okay though Jameis is doing enough to be undraftable now.

I think you meant "they're both trash" or "they are both trash"

Advertisement
I hope that Jameis continues the trend of FSU QB's flopping in the NFL. Given his off the field track record to this point, I am all but certain he will go down in a glorious blaze of fire.

Jameis is a completely different player and person than Ponder or EJ. He's ultra talented and made for the NFL. Ponder and EJ are not. He's an immature, stupid train wreck of a human being. Ponder and EJ are mature, smart guys.

Advertisement
Back