Campus tour question

Reppingtheu

Redshirt Freshman
I'm bringing the wife and kids down to the spring game in April. Going to come into town on the Friday before. Is it possible to do some sort of guided campus tour for the general public?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You can take a walk on campus any time. It's wide open with cheap parking nearby next to the intramural fields

I really like the lake. Now let's fill that sh*t in and build a stadium.

The ignorance of that statement is astounding. That lake isn't big enough for a small high school stadium much less parking for 40k people.

Advertisement
I'm bringing the wife and kids down to the spring game in April. Going to come into town on the Friday before. Is it possible to do some sort of guided campus tour for the general public?

The easy answer is yes - there are student guided tours throughout the week and they usually have a group of 20-25 people with them. You can request a private tour (one-on-one), but that is usually reserved for VIPs and/or athletes.

I won't speak for the tour itself - never took one before, during or after my undergrad at UM although I probably heard the "tour talk" a few hundred times in passing over my 4 years on campus.

Whether you take a tour or not, I would HIGHLY recommend walking campus alone with your family either way. It's not a huge campus, and there are some great spots to just sit down and relax and take in the scenery. Whenever I go back to campus these days, I usually try and do a walk around in the later afternoon - low student traffic, super quiet and easy access to buildings.

Cool, really appreciate the suggestions. Been to a million games but never visited the campus. Pretty excited about checking it out.

Advertisement
Cool, really appreciate the suggestions. Been to a million games but never visited the campus. Pretty excited about checking it out.

Hey--Email us at GoCanesRadio@gmail.com - we have a few undergrad and graduate students on our team and we would be happy to answer any questions you have or even meet you on campus for an "unofficial" tour.

It's a beautiful campus, if you're around Saturday you should definitely go to the Canes Louisville basketball game, we'll be there!!

Follow us on Twitter @ GoCanesRadio

Royal Tours are given to anyone who plays DT or has family members visiting who are in the same category...

Advertisement
Back