Calvin Heurtelou update

-Spent the weekend in Miami on his OV
-Said the city stood out
-Thought the campus was in a bad spot
-Spent time with Jethro and Hurlie
-Says Jethro and Hurlie treated him like a player on the team, not a visiting recruit
-Brought his older brother on the trip
-Says he and his brother loved the trip
-Says the academic side really impressed him
-Olsen Pierre was his host
-Pierre told him Golden always has their back
-Says Miami is behind Missouri and Kansas St.
-Says it will be a while before he commits

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Miami-Gets-DT-Calvin-Heurtelous-First-Official-135459

"Behind Missou. and Kansas St." Have we fallen that far?

Those two schools recruit the **** out of JUCOs. I bet they have much better relationships than we do since we pretty much ignored JUCO players under Coker and Shannon.

Advertisement
-Said the city stood out
-Thought the campus was in a bad spot-Spent time with Jethro and Hurlie
-Says Jethro and Hurlie treated him like a player on the team, not a visiting recruit

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Miami-Gets-DT-Calvin-Heurtelous-First-Official-135459

ok..thanks for the feedback, we will move it ASAP..maybe move campus off of ocean drive, would that meet your expectations?..

GTFO...take ur ars to manhatten or columbia...storm brewing, only those willing and wanting to be on board are welcomed!!

Go CANES []_[]

Calm down. He meant that he thought the campus was in a bad spot BEFORE he got here.

If you've never been to Miami, would you assume that "THUG U" is in a tony suburb 20 minutes from the closest ghetto or that it is in the middle of an inner-city with some of the worst neighborhoods in the country? I know I was surprised the first time I got to campus.

-Said the city stood out

ok..thanks for the feedback, we will move it ASAP..maybe move campus off of ocean drive, would that meet your expectations?..

GTFO...take ur ars to manhatten or columbia...storm brewing, only those willing and wanting to be on board are welcomed!!

Go CANES []_[]

Maybe he meant he thought it was before the visit? A lot of OOS kids seem to think Miami is in the middle of the slums.

-Said the city stood out

Go CANES []_[]

Maybe he meant he thought it was before the visit? A lot of OOS kids seem to think Miami is in the middle of the slums.

If so not clear on OP post. If so my bad, can easily be taken out of context.

Still stand by my original comment tho...storm brewing, only those willing and wanting to be on board are welcomed!!

Also, I read that we were his first ov so he may not be used to too many schools and just went off of alot of hear say so I don't get to upset about this early on

Advertisement
Was just struck by the comment. I am sure some would agree that it could be taken out of context.

Was just struck by the comment. I am sure some would agree that it could be taken out of context.

If you read everything else and what Smothers said then you can pretty much tell that somebody was just talking **** about us and the guys were proven wrong so it means nothing now

If you read everything else and what Smothers said then you can pretty much tell that somebody was just talking **** about us and the guys were proven wrong so it means nothing now

Oh OK...just read bullet points....to ur point someone always talkin ****t about us...cant wait to get back on the winning train. When its good in Miami its good...

You guys need to keep in mind this kid is salty that Miami didnt offer him 2 years ago ago when he really wanted to go to Miami. He said Miami was behind Missouri and Kansas St. over a month ago.

His campus in a bad spot comment he did say it's not what he thought and he was wrong about it. Leaving that out wasnt intentional on my part.

Like others have said though, some douchebag mentally conditioned Heurtelou and Smothers to expect Mogadishu, not Coral Gables.

Advertisement
You guys need to keep in mind this kid is salty that Miami didnt offer him 2 years ago ago when he really wanted to go to Miami. He said Miami was behind Missouri and Kansas St. over a month ago.

His campus in a bad spot comment he did say it's not what he thought and he was wrong about it. Leaving that out wasnt intentional on my part.

Like others have said though, some douchebag mentally conditioned Heurtelou and Smothers to expect Mogadishu, not Coral Gables.
If you were never told, it's hard to imagine UM being in one of the most beautiful and wealthy city's in the world. It's perfectly placed for a college kid. The kids can go to school on a beautiful campus that's fun and small class personal. They can leave it to see more of the same within walking distance or find a international metropolis with a beach, a five min drive away. Just perfect! IMHO and they wonder why everyone that can, comes home in the off season to train and live........

I think Smothers may really commit to us and if he does then that will help with Calvin

Advertisement
Back