Butch's age

Bird4um

Sophomore
Premium
If I had to guess, his assistants won't be in their 60's. That's where the real coaching is done.

Advertisement
I worry about his age and coaching. Game has changed a lot .
I know Butch has skeletons but I'd love him as AD. We need a point man to get us out of Joe Robbie and build this program back with someonr from his coaching tree like chud or Pagano

I know Butch has skeletons but I'd love him as AD. We need a point man to get us out of Joe Robbie and build this program back with someonr from his coaching tree like chud or Pagano
from 3 years ago?
when he was beating us at unc

Advertisement

If only you'd gotten more oxygen during birth . .

He's around the age where coaches get burnt out. For every Nick Saban or Bill Snyder there's Mack Brown or Frank Beamer.

That said, Butch has been out of coaching for a while and I think he's recharged his battery. He'd come back with a purpose.

He's not my #1 choice (for other reasons), but I think he would do well here. Again.

Pause for just one moment, and honestly think about the immediate impact on recruiting if Butch were named HC.

Then think about the immediate effect on fans.

Not weeks later. Immediate.

If Bear Bryant rose from his grave, he would be a great coach today. Ninety percent of coaching is leadership...understanding people and connecting. Butch can bring in assistants for the new x and o's. His ability to recruit and motivate is what we need.

Advertisement
Butch Davis was 28-23 at UNC, 15-17 ACC records, 1-3 in Bowl games winning at the music City Bowl with great recruiting classes and GREAT Resources! Butch is not the answer for 2015!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back