Building a winner

A1cane

Junior
These last games while not pretty is what Miami needs to eventually be at the tops of the nation. These games build a confidence even in a game where miami should have lost they found a way to win. These wins help because winning helps get better players. Our o line is a problem and has been for some time u win u can land better prospects. Let's get this started in the right direction

Advertisement
These last games while not pretty is what Miami needs to eventually be at the tops of the nation. These games build a confidence even in a game where miami should have lost they found a way to win. These wins help because winning helps get better players. Our o line is a problem and has been for some time u win u can land better prospects. Let's get this started in the right direction
I agree but this type of advanced thinking is way to hard to comprehend for the negative nellies on here.

That’s what was said Richts good year. We are king away from likely under .500. Let’s see if anything saves us going forward

Advertisement
That’s what was said Richts good year. We are king away from likely under .500. Let’s see if anything saves us going forward
Our problem then stil exists today our line is a problem between butch and searles 1 doesnt have a job and the other has a bad line on his current team. Lines take at the earliest 3 years to build and we have recruited and landed the wrong guys. Of our starting line our 2 guards should be centers. And 1 of our tackles is probably best suited at guard that's not a great recipe for success

I think fundamentally you are right. However, I would feel much better about the future trajectory if we played like a smarter group, specifically the penalties. That doesn’t take talent, it takes focus and discipline and is a big part in this program taking the next step. I am happy we are 7-1, and hopefully we can clean this stuff up.

Advertisement
I think fundamentally you are right. However, I would feel much better about the future trajectory if we played like a smarter group, specifically the penalties. That doesn’t take talent, it takes focus and discipline and is a big part in this program taking the next step. I am happy we are 7-1, and hopefully we can clean this stuff up.
To me a big step will be this offseason manny did the right thing in firing enos and hiring lashlee now can he do that again but probably make the hardest decision and firing his good friend in Baker and move on from rumph if he does those things and gets a proven dc and hires a good cb coach he is showing the right moves to be here for the long run

To me a big step will be this offseason manny did the right thing in firing enos and hiring lashlee now can he do that again but probably make the hardest decision and firing his good friend in Baker and move on from rumph if he does those things and gets a proven dc and hires a good cb coach he is showing the right moves to be here for the long run
Toss Patke in there too, and I completely agree.

Remember reading the same in 17,worked out real well for us.
My least favorite type of mope is the "2017 mope." The 2 seasons couldn't be more different.

In 2017, we lived off turnovers. Sure, a part of that was the disruptive defense. But turnovers, at the end of the day, are luck. The fumble bounces your way sometimes, and it bounces to the other team sometimes. In 2017, it bounced our way at a percentage that was a statistical anomaly.

If you read Phil Steele's pre-season magazine, he devotes a section to this every year. I didn't buy the magazine this year, so I don't have the stat handy. But the concept is regression to the mean - teams that have abnormally high turnover luck in season 1 win less games in season 2 like 90% of the time (maybe it isn't 90%, but it is high). Why? Because, in the long run, statistically, the ball is going to bounce your way 50% of the time. That meant we were gonna get less turnovers in 2018/2019, and win less games.

This year, we aren't forcing any turnovers. We are simply winning hard fought games. There are glaring holes all over the place. But you guys complaining about 7-1... take a look at Penn State or Oklahoma. If you thought you were gonna see the 2001 canes reincarnated this year, then you are an unrealistic fan and should probably take more xanax.

Advertisement
my only issue is i would prefer we were having this season with a younger qb ...
To put on further that's my fear for next year were gonna have most likely only 2 qbs unless we get a freshman to come in. I think TVD starts but next season is gonna be a wild one regardless all csz of we don't know who is gonna start

Advertisement
Back