Brock Berlin Question

All ACC
Premium
Were the transfer rules different then? Florida allowed him to transfer to Miami knowing that they would be playing them?

Advertisement
Rules were the same but either Spurrier didn't care because he was retiring or he just wasn't afraid of Berlin coming back to haunt him. He granted full release to any team including the SEC, Miami and FSU

Watching Brocks first season I figured he was a plant by UF,dude had twice as many int as td. Imagine if he did that nowadays ? He made BK look like Montana.

He was also surrounded by an all star team , single handidly lost two games and kept us from a national title . A decent qb with the skill players and top 3 defense goes undefeated.

Watching Brocks first season I figured he was a plant by UF,dude had twice as many int as td. Imagine if he did that nowadays ? He made BK look like Montana.

He was also surrounded by an all star team , single handidly lost two games and kept us from a national title . A decent qb with the skill players and top 3 defense goes undefeated.

Would totally agree if he hadn't beaten UF that year

Advertisement

That game is the only thing that keeps him in good graces with the fanbase. Also beat Fsu multiple times . But he was atrocious first year , that talent we wasted was criminal . Especially the defense

Spurrier was out the door. He announced his "retirement" right after Berlin announced his transfer, then took the Redskins job like 10 days later. I don't think he gave a rats *** where Berlin went.

That game is the only thing that keeps him in good graces with the fanbase. Also beat Fsu multiple times . But he was atrocious first year , that talent we wasted was criminal . Especially the defense

Best defense in Miami history... 2001 my favorite team, but that 03 defense? Good lord

Best defense in Miami history... 2001 my favorite team, but that 03 defense? Good lord

**** yes. Statistically it had to be better . I think it gave up like 8-9 points per game .

One game we gave up like 30 and it was all Brock int 's or boneheaded plays. I believe it was at VT

Advertisement

**** yes. Statistically it had to be better . I think it gave up like 8-9 points per game .

One game we gave up like 30 and it was all Brock int 's or boneheaded plays. I believe it was at VT
The both games we gave up 30 was on Brock. The Florida game and Vt.... Either short field or defensive touchdowns.... I've said this many times... If 2004 Brock was on the 2003 canes, it would of been a massacre just like 01. Even though gore got hurt, our running game was still great. That 03 defense deserved a ring

A lot of people forget that Berlin really was godawful. It's just after being treated to a decade of Wright, Freeman and Morris he doesn't seem that bad anymore.

Brock was a good QB, it was the coaches that kept forcing hi under center over and over again. He play all of his HS years in the Gun, that's where the moron coaches should have kept him. When he made that comeback in the FL game he was in the gum most of the time. I liked Brock, the coached sucked the big one.

Advertisement
Back