BREAKING: Miami has landed a commitment from 2019 Vero Beach DE Jahfari Harvey

View as article
Imagine how mean a front seven of:

Huff(T Soph)
Brooks(T Soph) Solomon(T Soph)
Garvin(T Sr) Ford(T Sr) Nesta(T Jr.) Rousseau (Rs. Soph)

And add that we will have championship caliber depth behind them and a great rotation to keep heads fresh. Nobody wants to see that. Harvey rotating in along with Williams and Joyner and Miller, every player explosive at there position. We may challenge Havoc records in a couple years, sacks and TFL on deck! Thats a championship Front seven in my opinion. A

Now imagine adding Tyrique, Hall, Carter and Richards deep breaking heads and making plays, in Manny's defense. Nobody wants to see that, this is why nobody wanted the U to get back up. Vicious athletes everywhere taking whatever we want. We comin'.

Advertisement
So was it worth it to write for them to start with?

Alienating Cane fans in the process

It was an opportunity I couldn't pass on, but school and other stuff just got in the way and my heart wasn't into it. I wasn't alienating canes fans, you guys just assumed that. It's unprofessional to call myself a fan of the Hurricanes, but I am the biggest nerd when it comes to Miami Hurricanes football, Canes are obviously my team and that won't change.

Pichu (and Cuzco) are up in the highlands at about 4,000 meters or so - the jungle is a bit to the East.

But, I'm sure you had a great trip - hopefully the train has improved or you got a face full of diesel fumes during the entire ride.

Definitely a great country to visit, though.

I'm sick as **** right now in my hotel room.

Advertisement
“Miami just has something that I want to be a part of,” Harvey said. “The coaching staff treated my family and I like we were already a part of the Hurricane family.”

Future HOF'er.
tenor.gif

Alright Erick!!!! Glad to have you back full time! But never be ashamed to get another writing job that helps you towards your goal of reaching a great paying job like maybe ESPN or wherever! Always do what’s best for you and your loved ones, because ain’t none of these scumbags bashing you going to pay your bills. Blessings from The Almighty God young man, keep grinding and moving forward! Thank you for your work, Go Canes!

This X1000. I don't know what these posters are talkin' about but get your money. Obviously stay true to UM but most of these posters on here like me didn't even attend UM (FAMU alum) but doesn't mean we don't love the U just the same.

Advertisement
I'm currently on a train back from Machu Pichuu and posting this story took over 30 minutes due to how bad the service is in the middle of the jungle

Did you walk the Inca Trail to get there? That train ride back was one of the best experiences of my life after the trek to get there.

Imagine how mean a front seven of:

Huff(T Soph)
Brooks(T Soph) Solomon(T Soph)
Garvin(T Sr) Ford(T Sr) Nesta(T Jr.) Rousseau (Rs. Soph)

And add that we will have championship caliber depth behind them and a great rotation to keep heads fresh. Nobody wants to see that. Harvey rotating in along with Williams and Joyner and Miller, every player explosive at there position. We may challenge Havoc records in a couple years, sacks and TFL on deck! Thats a championship Front seven in my opinion. A

Now imagine adding Tyrique, Hall, Carter and Richards deep breaking heads and making plays, in Manny's defense. Nobody wants to see that, this is why nobody wanted the U to get back up. Vicious athletes everywhere taking whatever we want. We comin'.
I don’t think we can afford to red shirt Rousseau

I don’t think we can afford to red shirt Rousseau
Im accomodating for the 4 game rule for Redshirts. Joe Jackson, Djax, Garvin, Joyner, Patchan will get most reps this summer unless Rousseau repeats and outdoes his spring. Also with the striker role being implemented Im not sure we don't see more of McCloud, Wilder with their hands on the ground to help rotation while having extra short pass coverage on the field. I think he eventually plays more but I don't know if he outplays the 4 games. I would want to see how he does versus the run before I go over that number.

Advertisement
It was an opportunity I couldn't pass on, but school and other stuff just got in the way and my heart wasn't into it. I wasn't alienating canes fans, you guys just assumed that. It's unprofessional to call myself a fan of the Hurricanes, but I am the biggest nerd when it comes to Miami Hurricanes football, Canes are obviously my team and that won't change.
You could have definitely passed on the opportunity to write for the Turds.

Especially if you are the die hard Cane you claim to be.

How could you ever think that writing for rival teams would work out for you?

It just made you lose credibility with both fan bases.

And whether you like to admit it or not, it was a dumb move if you plan to continue to cover the Canes.

You first ****ed off Cane fans when you started sending out congratulations to kids dissing the home town to sign with other teams, especially little ***** who trolled our coaches and called himself Sean Taylor Jr like that cuck Jobe.

I don't give a **** if you went to school with them, send them a text, not a tweet when you represent a Canes site on twitter dumbass.

Then you took it a step further and started writing for one of our most hated rivals, and we all thought it was a joke at first b/c it was so ridiculous.

Now you realize it wasn't the best move...

Would have rather seen you leave Canesinsight and continue writing for the Turds straight up, and I'm sure plenty on here would agree.

You brought this on yourself, and now you have to deal with real Cane fans not wanting you associated with our favorite site.

Last edited:

you 100% alienated true canes fans, like myself

you dont get to make that call

Agree with Derek and Tyrn. As a journalist, whatever you do publicly should never be about you, it should be about the readers you're trying to represent and inform. You cannot be self-centered.

Ariz had the same problem. I love the fact one of his old posts was bumped and it shows how immature (and wrong!) he could be.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back