2024 Brauntae Johnson 4* WR/CB from Fort Wayne, IN

Advertisement
How good is that Ft. Wayne team and what is their coaching like?
Ft Wayne in general produces a lot of talent. Their teams typically don’t have the depth to compete with the top ones in Indy but on an individual basis they’ve been pushing out a lot of 4 and some 5 stars over the last decade.

No idea on their coaching staff, I’ve heard they have some other talent on that team right now, but historically it’s not a program that’s done a lot of damage up there. His private coach, Dre Muhammad, is one of the best in the region and also coaches/coached Mylan Graham (2024 5*), Nitro Tuggle (2024 Georgia commit), Dee Eskridge (Seahawks 2nd rounder), Ben Skowronek (LA Rams), Austin Mack (Ohio State) amongst others.

Ft Wayne in general produces a lot of talent. Their teams typically don’t have the depth to compete with the top ones in Indy but on an individual basis they’ve been pushing out a lot of 4 and some 5 stars over the last decade.

No idea on their coaching staff, I’ve heard they have some other talent on that team right now, but historically it’s not a program that’s done a lot of damage up there. His private coach, Dre Muhammad, is one of the best in the region and also coaches/coached Mylan Graham (2024 5*), Nitro Tuggle (2024 Georgia commit), Dee Eskridge (Seahawks 2nd rounder), Ben Skowronek (LA Rams), Austin Mack (Ohio State) amongst others.
Didn’t even pay attention to the fact Nitro committed to UGA

Advertisement
People sleep on Indy. It produces talent every year and no school dominates recruiting. That is how a David Bell, an obvious stud to anyone paying attention, comes down to Iowa or Purdue. Someday a university will really prioritize the area and the results will surprise a lot of people.

People sleep on Indy. It produces talent every year and no school dominates recruiting. That is how a David Bell, an obvious stud to anyone paying attention, comes down to Iowa or Purdue. Someday a university will really prioritize the area and the results will surprise a lot of people.
Indy has a lot of HUGE High schools. I can think of 10 right off the top of my head with 3,000+ kid enrollments. That does not include some powerhouse Catholic programs either. So yes, lots of D1 talent in the Indy area.

Bell, CB Julius Brents (2nd round this draft), DL Caden Curry (Ohio State), OT Blake Fisher (Notre Dame), DE Josh Mickens (Ohio State), DT Kenneth Grant (Michigan), LB Pete Werner (Ohio state, 2nd round pick)

All guys I’ve tried to get the last few staffs on that either didn’t get an offer from us or we slow played.

Advertisement
Bell, CB Julius Brents (2nd round this draft), DL Caden Curry (Ohio State), OT Blake Fisher (Notre Dame), DE Josh Mickens (Ohio State), DT Kenneth Grant (Michigan), LB Pete Werner (Ohio state, 2nd round pick)

All guys I’ve tried to get the last few staffs on that either didn’t get an offer from us or we slow played.
Thank god we have a new Sherrif in town bro. It would do my head in how some kids never heard from us, players in Texas, midwest, CA. We had to have had some existing staff connection or we didnt even reach out. I think we will go find man in Alaska right now if we can.

Advertisement
Advertisement
and I could name 20 who didn't lol
Facts. Getting 2-3 every year ain’t gonna get it done. We’re thankful for them, but if getting back to the top of the college football world, is the goal…. then a majority of our So. Fla. kids, that we target ….gotta stay home and attend UM.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back