Brandon Lopez

Advertisement
Will he be at short and Hernandez back to 2nd? Lopez to 2nd?

What about Ruiz? Only 1-8, but has 6 BB.

Hernandez to 3rd? Thompson to 1st? Fieger out?

Trying to somehow spin this into getting rid of one of our corner infielders, but Fieger and Thompson bring too much pop to the lineup.

Will be interesting to see what Morris does with a healthy Lopez.

I do like Ruiz. I was wondering how this was gonna work out as well. Maybe Thompson to 1st and Hernandez to 3rd? I don't think losing Fieger does that much harm to the lineup, especially if Collins starts to hit. We have to play better defense but we can't take Thompson out of the lineup.

Lopez has been a beast at everything he's done for as long as I've known him (10+ years). He was VERY close to going to archbishop mccarthy. Good kid and a smart player.

What I don't get about Fieger is how bad he's looked at 1B this year. His play at either corner spot the past few years was pretty solid...I expected more out of him than what I've seen so far defensively. I'm still holding out hope he can pull it together since he's been hitting so well as of late.

As long as they're both hitting, I don't see how you take Thompson or Collins bats out of the lineup. You've got to have their pop in there somewhere. Getting Lopez out should help the D, but man--it creates some conundrums for 3 when he's filling out the lineup card.

Advertisement
The entire infield. Thompson at 3rd has had his share of errors, as well as when Collins was playing 1B. Fieger moved to 1B and he has had a few himself I believe. Ruiz made some early at 2B. I was at batting practice last night in Tallahassee and Lopez is definitely back at SS. In fact, Ruiz was taking some balls at 3B most of practice. Collins was at both 1B and catcher last night and I wonder if they are trying to get him ready to catch once Kennedy leaves so that Zunica can play 1B. Zunica, by the way, can kill the ball. He took BP last night and looked like a MLB player. Hes not ready quite yet but the ball jumps off his bat. I'd rather see him pinch hitting in games rather than Heyward at this point. Although Heyward is a beast as well. Hes raw but dang this freshmen class is physical.

Advertisement
Back