Brad Lawing

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not saying I like it or not but he is the HC at Howard. I don't know if he wants to be a position coach.

Yep.

London can be the head coach at Howard forever. No pressure, no stress. And probably getting the same coin he’d make as a position coach.

Assuming he likes the area, why leave?

Advertisement
Yep.

London can be the head coach at Howard forever. No pressure, no stress. And probably getting the same coin he’d make as a position coach.

Assuming he likes the area, why leave?

London apparently has a son with the same medical issue of Jimbo Fisher's son.
So this may be a factor for him not wanting to bounce around.
But Howard does fire coaches, albeit they do keep a longer leash on coaches than most
P5 programs.

Last edited:
London apparently has a son with the same medical issue of Jimbo Fisher's son.
So they may be a factor for him not wanting to bounce around.
But Howard does fire coaches, albeit they do keep a longer leash on coaches than most
P5 programs.

Didn’t know that about his son. Definitely something to consider.

But my comment about staying forever wasn’t meant to imply they wouldn’t fire him, but more about him continuing to do well enough there to be a lifer at that job because he would deserve to stay, IMO.

Not to mention, Howard is probably the (or one of the) most prestigious HBCU(s) in the US.

Advertisement

But my comment about staying forever wasn’t meant to imply they wouldn’t fire him, but more about him continuing to do well enough there to be a lifer at that job because he would deserve to stay, IMO.

Not to mention, Howard is probably the (or one of the) most prestigious HBCU(s) in the US.
His team just pulled off the biggest upset in CFB history last season, and his QB is Cam Newton's little brother. He's straight for another 4-5 at least.

Just checked Howard's football page.
They have a Mike London Jr on the coaching staff.
I am assuming this is another son of his.
If true, he may not be interested at jumping at another job as an assistant.

http://www.hubison.com/coaches.aspx?rc=333&path=football

Advertisement
Back