Brad kaaya

brock

All-American
Overall good efficient day for kaaya I'd say B+ or A- performance coming back from the concussion injury. Had 2 terrible throws 1 which was the int and the other on the safety. But other than that he was very good and responded well with some big throws when we needed it. He even threw in a solid 9 yard run which we haven't seen in his game. His final stat line was 20-26 77% 2 td 1int 286 yards. It will be amazing to see how his game elevates even more when a true offensive mind coaches him

Last edited:
Advertisement
He did alright today. Part of that is on Coley who is GARBAGE.
That's exactly how he thought he played as well. Kid is as humble as they come

@TheStateOfTheU: Kaaya "I played alright. Definitely wasn't amazing. Defense bailed us out"

Coley doesn't exactly set him up to suceed though...Kaaya threw about 10 bubble screens into traffic lmao. I love how we call 2-3 slants and they all go for big yardage while the screens never work.

Coley doesn't exactly set him up to suceed though...Kaaya threw about 10 bubble screens into traffic lmao. I love how we call 2-3 slants and they all go for big yardage while the screens never work.

Njoku running a deep slant or deep post or just anything up the seam would be a big play every time we complete the pass and we did it once today. I keep calling for one and we finally got it and it went 58 yards.

Our TE are huge mismatches and we rarely use them like a Greg Olsen or Jimmy Graham down the field like we need to. Instead we use them on underneath routes, and it is starting to **** me off. No LB can run with him, and no safety has the vertical reach he does, just throw it up there deep and he will come down with it.

Advertisement
Sometimes hard to remember he's only a sophomore. It will be interesting to see what he can do with a better offensive line

I love the fact he put numbers like that up, and feels he played poorly. Bright future.

He only had two glaring mistakes; the pick, and the saftey. Once he gets better protection, the skies the limit. The kid has a whole ****nal of weapons around him.

Needs to have better game management in the 4th imo and still makes to many mistake in the run game as far as getting the ball to the running backs pocket. I love Brad and he gives us a real QB for the first time in a long time, but those two things we shouldn't be discussing with a guy like him. Those two things can be accomplished very easily...Especially handing off.

That being said i wouldn't trade him for any other QB

Advertisement
I'm not sure we really appreciate how good he is. The level he's playing at with THAT coaching staff and behind THAT offensive line is nothing short of remarkable. He needs to clean a few things up for sure, but he's legit one of the best QB's in the country. One of the things I noticed today is the game appears to be slowing down for him. He's processing things so much faster than last season and even earlier this season. He better be sharp next week because they'll likely need big time production from him just to be competitive in that game.

I'm not sure we really appreciate how good he is. The level he's playing at with THAT coaching staff and behind THAT offensive line is nothing short of remarkable. He needs to clean a few things up for sure, but he's legit one of the best QB's in the country. One of the things I noticed today is the game appears to be slowing down for him. He's processing things so much faster than last season and even earlier this season. He better be sharp next week because they'll likely need big time production from him just to be competitive in that game.

I totally agree. The kid is sharp pre snap. The things he needs to clear up are simple with a good QB coach (Dorsey maybe) and a OC tha calls the game tailored to the kid's strengths and not 10 bubble screens a game or everything out of the shot gun!

I thought he played great in spite of play calls that were baffling at times. He seemed to be moving his feet to much when passing though

Impossible to fairly judge him in this disjointed offense.

Advertisement
I would agree, the kid played well except for a couple of poor throws. It seemed to me he had more to his motor today and a little extra zip on the ball. BRING BACK FRANK COSTA!

Once he gets a real O-coordinator, instead of a recruiting coordinator pretending to act like a O-coodinator, he'll be out of sight

Advertisement
Back