Bowl Games

rubycane

Recruit
Have bowl games at the beginning of the season. Kickoff classic neutral site bowl games. You can use the same conference set up and just pick which teams play. Have all them play on or throughout Labor Day week/weekend. School/conferences can negotiate location and payout of games.

At the end of the year have a 12 or 16 team playoff named after the big bowls. Teams who don’t make the playoff can get more time recruit.

Times are changing got to change with it.

What say you?

Advertisement
Have bowl games at the beginning of the season. Kickoff classic neutral site bowl games. You can use the same conference set up and just pick which teams play. Have all them play on or throughout Labor Day week/weekend. School/conferences can negotiate location and payout of games.

At the end of the year have a 12 or 16 team playoff named after the big bowls. Teams who don’t make the playoff can get more time recruit.

Times are changing got to change with it.

What say you?
I say this is a terrible idea.

Wut....lol

1640029336911.png

Advertisement
Many of the minor bowl games are useless, and once the CFP eventually expands, could be eliminated.

What I‘d like to see is better OOC scheduling using conference affiliations. For example, the ACC and PAC12 agree to home-and-home series based on conference finish, not the specific team. The ACC and PAC12 1st place teams could alternate host team each year. One year, PAC12 champ hosts ACC champ. Next year ACC champ hosts PAC12 champ. Might be be same teams, might not. Same with 2nd place, 3rd place, however many teams you want.

This past season Oregon would have hosted Clemson. Next year Pittsburgh would be hosting Utah.

And so on….

What I love about the bowls is the interconference matchups which you rarely see during the regular season.

Hopefully, the super conference alliance with the ACC/PAC12 /Big10 actually happens and we will have bowl like games every week.

Advertisement
I still love bowl season, but it’s clear the value has diminished among players & in turn fans.

They need to tier the bowls better. Clearly smaller bowl games are more important to G5 schools.

There’s have to be some financial incentives for the players as well, where they can potentially maximize a NIL opportunities. Also, bowl games have to incentivize teams better, whether it’s a direct correlation to pre season rankings the next season, compensation, better bowl match ups, etc. Finally, I really think they need to eliminate the 6-win criteria. No way a team should be awarded for .500 football. Should raise the minimum requirement to 7 wins. Jmo

I still love bowl season, but it’s clear the value has diminished among players & in turn fans.

They need to tier the bowls better. Clearly smaller bowl games are more important to G5 schools.

There’s have to be some financial incentives for the players as well, where they can potentially maximize a NIL opportunities. Also, bowl games have to incentivize teams better, whether it’s a direct correlation to pre season rankings the next season, compensation, better bowl match ups, etc. Finally, I really think they need to eliminate the 6-win criteria. No way a team should be awarded for .500 football. Should raise the minimum requirement to 7 wins. Jmo
This is the answer. Financial incentives for players to play in bowl games. You would see more seniors who are day 2 picks playing. Nothing will bring back 1st rounders to bowl games unless it’s the playoff, but the other guys I think you could get for cash.

I’d also love to see bowl tie ins change every year. It gets old to go to the same bowls in the middle of nowhere, in the cold, every other year. ACC bowls suck.

This is the answer. Financial incentives for players to play in bowl games. You would see more seniors who are day 2 picks playing. Nothing will bring back 1st rounders to bowl games unless it’s the playoff, but the other guys I think you could get for cash.

I’d also love to see bowl tie ins change every year. It gets old to go to the same bowls in the middle of nowhere, in the cold, every other year. ACC bowls suck.

Absolutely

Advertisement

Absolutely

Makes too much fūcking sense.

I mistakenly misread an article posted, and I apologize for the misinformation. Bowl games outside of the NY6 games can be profitable, but when star players sit out or they treat such bowls as meaningless, then fans aren’t going to be motivated to buy tix and/or travel either, which hurts team’s bottom lines & the bowl game itself.

We know y players aren’t motivated if u’re draft eligible; the risk reward doesn’t add up. I read that players get up to $500 in “gear” for bowl games. That chit isn’t going to move the needle; allow them financial incentives. Too many opportunities, like interviews, autograph signings at events, jersey sales…I mean flip this NIL over to these bowl games. It’s a win across the board. Also, get these NFL scouts out there; maybe not the top ones, but someone from the scout team looking to come up in the game.

I dunno, but something has to be done & it feels like it’s a simple solution.

Last edited:
I mistakenly misread an article posted, and I apologize for the misinformation. Bowl games outside of the NY6 games can be profitable, but when star players sit out or they treat such bowls as meaningless, then fans aren’t going to be motivated to buy tix, travel either which hurts team’s bottom line & the bowl games.

We know y players aren’t motivated if u’re draft eligible, the risk reward doesn’t add up. I read that players get up to $500 in “gear” for bowl games. That chit isn’t going to move the needle; allow them financial incentives. Too many opportunities, like interviews, autograph signings at events, jersey sells….I mean flip this NIL over to these bowl games. It’s a win across the board. Also, get these NFL scouts out there; maybe not the top ones, but someone from the scout team looking to come up in the game.

I dunno, but something has to be done & it feels like it’s a simple solution.

95% of the players that are playing in bowls aren’t going onto the NFL. That’s why the argument to sweeten the pot for ALL players make sense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back