Bottom Line

HarryCarayisGoat

Senior
Banned
On defense, our talent and youth does not equate to having the lowest ranked defense in the nation.

Something needs to be done

Advertisement
I'm not sure what you mean. Our DTs are not good, and we don't have enough quality depth to trot out 7-8 guys along the Dline every game without increasing liability. So, you can blitz, but then you expose our secondary who has a similar but not as bad problem as the dline.

I'm not convinced D'Onofrio is the problem. We don't have the overall talent, experience, and depth to do much better.

I'm not sure what you mean. Our DTs are not good, and we don't have enough quality depth to trot out 7-8 guys along the Dline every game without increasing liability. So, you can blitz, but then you expose our secondary who has a similar but not as bad problem as the dline.

I'm not convinced D'Onofrio is the problem. We don't have the overall talent, experience, and depth to do much better.

Couldn't have said it better. People need to vent though. After the last 8 years or so, I am numb to this. I am not calling for Coach D's head yet. For one thing, it won't do any good. I mean, are you guys going to pitch in and fly a banner for the DC? That'll get a laugh from America.

Advertisement

I think its both. D'Onofrio leaves a lot to be desired but our DL is bad. Very bad and it all starts there. Average at LB (guys are young). Bad secondary (more youth). Not one position on defense looks the way it should. Too many young guys and too many JAGs.

How can we expect DL to ever get pressure if their WRs run 5-8 yard routes and the ball gets out immediately?

Ya'll need to get the idea out of your head that "talent" equates to anything...it doesn't. Miami doesn't have the hosses or the hosses simply aren't playing up to par on defense where it matters...defensive line. Period. Until Miami gets better players and/or the players here get better, the defense will continue to suck. You just aren't going to compete against the big boys when you are trotting out the JAGs and bums on the DL we are trotting out.

Whether or not our defense was 118th or 90th or 70th in the country, we are still getting destroyed against K-State and Notre Dame.

Ya'll need to get the idea out of your head that "talent" equates to anything...it doesn't. Miami doesn't have the hosses or the hosses simply aren't playing up to par on defense where it matters...defensive line. Period. Until Miami gets better players and/or the players here get better, the defense will continue to suck. You just aren't going to compete against the big boys when you are trotting out the JAGs and bums on the DL we are trotting out.

Whether or not our defense was 118th or 90th or 70th in the country, we are still getting destroyed against K-State and Notre Dame.

Was Bethune Cookman one of these "big boys" when they dropped 400+ yards on us last year and another 350 this year?

Advertisement
did i watch another game? Didn't ND run for almost 400 yards? Has the forward pass been invented yet? They ran the ball some crazy in the second half exposing that dl. I'm just not sure what to say about our defense.

King is getting a lot of burn. He got lit up on the goal line yesterday and the ND guard taunted him. We just don't have close to the kinds of kids you need at DT to win. There is hope some these kids will develop, but none have shown anything to give you great confidence of that.

It is pretty obvious that we can compete with average teams but not top 25 teams. We aren't there and don't have the players to compete against ranked teams. Did everyone forget that KSU and ND are in the top ten? We are winning the games against teams on our level. I know no one wants to hear that but we are an average team at best right now. We are on our way and a loss to a top ten ranked team shouldn't have us in meltdown mode.

Advertisement
Back