BOT ?

SoFlaSmitty

Junior
Do the major schools like Bama, Clemson and LSU have a separate BOT for football? We need to do this asap make a BOT of 5 people that just run the football side of the school.

Advertisement
Romberg was mentioning that but I don't see anything major within the Athletic Department. Some programs have a few extra roles on the day-to-day operations side but I don't see anything along the lines of a completely separate AD that is football specific only.

If we go the Alonzo route and separate football from the rest of the AD I imagine this will be one of the first of it's kind. Frankly, I don't think it'll work.

Romberg was mentioning that but I don't see anything major within the Athletic Department. Some programs have a few extra roles on the day-to-day operations side but I don't see anything along the lines of a completely separate AD that is football specific only.

If we go the Alonzo route and separate football from the rest of the AD I imagine this will be one of the first of it's kind. Frankly, I don't think it'll work.

Not two ADs, leave Blake where he is but he only does what the 5 decided is best for football. If they come back with a fire the coach then he does it.

Teams like Bama, Clemson, OSU and even the **** Gatah have Boards who are fully invested in their football programs: their State Legislatures. These pols are all graduates and they have to face the electorate.

If you’re an Alabama politician, woe betide you if you didn’t give the Tide the resources it needed and they lost to Georgia.

Advertisement
No separate BOT, but their trustees actually give a **** about the football/athletic programs.

Ours do not, which is why we are the way we are.

If one were to describe the difference between Miami's BOT and say Georgia's Board of Regents or the equivalent entities for Bama and Clem's son, it would be like comparing Elizabeth Warren (Miami) to Donald Trump.

Paul Dimare cares but doesn't the support to do what needs to be done with the Athletic Dept.

Advertisement
If one were to describe the difference between Miami's BOT and say Georgia's Board of Regents or the equivalent entities for Bama and Clem's son, it would be like comparing Elizabeth Warren (Miami) to Donald Trump.

Paul Dimare cares but doesn't the support to do what needs to be done with the Athletic Dept.

Dimare is happy BJ hired his son.... he ain't doing nothing to go against BJ

There is a separate sub committee of the BOT that oversees sports. David Epstein is the chair.

Advertisement
Back