+/- Boston College (ACC Tourney Edition)

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
Plus:

+Barry Larkin's Son: If only he were as good as Erik Green...

+Kadji: Had 15 and 11. Double-Doubles always get you a +.

+TMJ: Potted 12 of his own.

Minus:

-A Familiar Face: He's just not very good right now. We won't go far until he starts contributing.

-Refs: Jokes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Look at Reggie's body language. Kid is freakin bipolar. What happened to the RJ that was jumping up and down on the bench with his tongue out in Chapel Hill? Now we have the one who sits on the bench and pouts.

Agreed '85. He knows he's not getting put on the floor in the last 5-6 minutes the past few games and he doesn't look happy about it.

Look at Reggie's body language. Kid is freakin bipolar. What happened to the RJ that was jumping up and down on the bench with his tongue out in Chapel Hill? Now we have the one who sits on the bench and pouts.

he didn't play as bad as his last couple of games

Advertisement
Excellent Dan, as always...

Two of my own:

+ Finally attacking the zone. Not just Larkin, but TMJ's pump fake three and driving past the defenders to the rim was a big possession late. Hopefully we'll see more of that from TMJ and especially Rion.

- ESPN's announcing crew.

I'm gonna be honest here, while i've never been a fan, Doris Burke doesn't normally bother me to this extent. One brief example of the idiocy: talking about how we 'went away' from our inside game after the first 10 minutes...uh Doris, did you miss the part where all our bigs got in foul trouble (mostly due to **** calls)?

Last edited:
Agreed '85. He knows he's not getting put on the floor in the last 5-6 minutes the past few games and he doesn't look happy about it.

Honestly, I'm not happy about it either. He's a much better free throw shooter than Gamble. Having Gamble in the game in crunch time of a close game can occasionally be a liability. But it's not on the coaches, it's on Reggie. I'm not sure if he is bi polar, but his play sure as **** has been.

Last edited:

Two of my own:

+ Finally attacking the zone. Not just Larkin, but TMJ's pump fake three and driving past the defenders to the rim was a big possession late. Hopefully we'll see more of that from TMJ and especially Rion.

I'm gonna be honest here, while i've never been a fan, Doris Burke doesn't normally bother me to this extent. One brief example of the idiocy: talking about how we 'went away' from our inside game after the first 10 minutes...uh Doris, did you miss the part where all our bigs got in foul trouble (mostly due to **** calls)?

I would be just fine if I never had to listen to a female sports announcer for the rest of my life.

Advertisement
If RJ wants to get on the floor more step up! He played a **** of a lot better today, his defense hedging the screens was great in the first 10 min.

Honestly, I'm not happy about it either. He's a much better free throw shooter than Gamble. Having Gamble in the game in crunch time of a close game can occasionally be a liability. But it's not on the coaches, it's on Reggie. I'm not sure if he is bi polar, but his play sure as **** been.

Gamble wasn't in at the end either. We went with 4 smaller guys and Kadji. Brown and TMJ played along with Scott and Larkin.

Look Reggie isn't going to get back to the Reggie of last year, but he made some good passes, was active on defense causing turnovers, and his shots weren't completely awful. All I ask from Reggie is that he has some energy and is active.

And then he pouted on the bench in the last 5 minutes. I'm not going to be an *** and call him names, except for Double Cheeseburger, which is a term of endearment, but it wouldn't kill him to be a little vocal.

Which leads me to another + from this game. Durand Scott took charge of this team when we were down 5, and while it was Larkin's points that got us back, it was Scott's attitude and leadership that pulled the team out of their own asses.

Advertisement

Two of my own:

I would be just fine if I never had to listen to a female sports announcer for the rest of my life.

If it involves droll commentary and conversation like one would expect at a tea party or weekly meeting of the local Oprah book club, then I'd have to agree with you.

Personally, I loved how she'd bring up her experience playing point guard. Really Doris? You think you'd do that out there huh? Lulz. Anyway, as I said, I'm not normally a DB hater, but she really got under my skin this game.

Two of my own:

If it involves droll commentary and conversation like one would expect at a tea party or weekly meeting of the local Oprah book club, then I'd have to agree with you.

Personally, I loved how she'd bring up her experience playing point guard. Really Doris? You think you'd do that out there huh? Lulz. Anyway, as I said, I'm not normally a DB hater, but she really got under my skin this game.
She had a lot of very nice things to say about us

1 more - before I stop complaining about a win:

-Blowing the early lead: Probably the most important thing about tournaments like this is rest. When we blew that huge 1st half lead, it prevented Larranaga from resting our star players in the final 5-10 minutes of the game. Here's to hoping whoever wins NC State/Virginia, does so in 5 OT's.

Advertisement

Two of my own:

I go back and forth on Doris Burke the same way I go back and forth on Allison Williams and if she's hot or another standard female.

NC St., here we come. States onto their 3rd game in 3 days, so we have one advantage there. Any contributions from the bench is a plus. Lets go Canes!

Advertisement
Back