Booker T boys

CanesFanNJ

Band
Banned
Miami Booker T. Washington High School coach Tim Harris Jr. has three players the Canes are recruiting hard - UM RB commitment Mark Walton, Texas DB commitment DaVante Davis and uncommitted WR Antonio Callaway.

Harris shared his thoughts on each:

* Of Walton's play this season, Harris said, "The end of the second half of the season he was at the top of his game. In every big game we had last season he was a guy that kind of took over the game. He just did an excellent job in all facets, not just on the field - the leadership and getting guys on the team to really follow behind him, his energy and work ethic rubbed off on everybody. I was very pleased with his improvement from game to game, especially when we went to the state championship game, the way he took over."

As of now UM is Walton's only official visit - he'll take that the 16th.

"We had talked about looking at some other ones, but Miami right now that's the only visit he has planned - and even if he goes on others it would be just to see something else, just enjoy the visit process," Harris said.

Does he see Walton having an immediate role at UM?

"Yeah, I definitely see that in Mark," Harris said. "He can go in and contribute a lot right away. I feel very confident in his ability, his development that he can do things at Miami, and he's extremely confident in his ability. He has great vision, is a patient runner and at the same time is explosive as well. And he's developed as a receiver year to year in our offense. He can line up outside and create mismatches based on formations even if he's on the field with another back. He can become a dangerous playmaker."

* Callaway tore his meniscus after the team's sixth game, undergoing surgery, and he's working his way back to 100 percent.

"When healthy he's one of the best I've seen at the wide receiver position down here in Dade County," Harris said. "He's one that is big-time once he gets back in the swing of things and playing full go. He's an extremely dangerous playmaker.

"He can do a lot of things, that's what really stands out with him as a wide receiver. In red zone the ball goes up and he's extremely good at high pointing the ball. He's big enough to be an outside receiver and also has the athleticism to be a slot guy as well. He can do a whole lot - he's in the mold of Amari Cooper."

Callaway is set to visit Miami the 16th this month followed by Florida the 23rd and Alabama the 30th. Those are his only official visits.

"I think Miami is in good shape," Harris said. "All three schools have a solid opportunity at him, but Miami has been making him a really big priority and that can weigh a lot at the end of the day. I think they're in really good shape from my standpoint."

* Of Davis, who committed to Texas Jan. 1, Harris said, "He was already set before committing to visit Miami, and when we got back from break we had a conversation and he'll still take that visit with his mom. And Florida, they came into play and also want him to visit so he'll visit there the 23rd."

Harris says "it'll be tough" for any school to get him to switch from Texas, but adds "with Miami at home it could be an opportunity that's right here for him. DaVante and his parents will work through that situation."

Of Davis as a player, Harris said, "He's an extremely athletic big, physical corner. He's long and rangy, has sneaky speed. He's a long strider but does a good job of not letting guys get behind him, and his physicality helps him. He has really good ball skills. He's a big corner and will continue to grow more."

Advertisement
Mark Walton is STUD and their are a bunch of fans all over Scarlett and forgetting about Mr.Walton.

We are not forgetting Walton, but the squeaky wheel gets the oil and Scarlett is practically screaming while Walton is as quiet and reliable as a ceramic ball bearing under all the recruiting heat from other schools.

Go Canes

Mark Walton is STUD and their are a bunch of fans all over Scarlett and forgetting about Mr.Walton.

Everything Paranos said and the fact that because we have face planted at RB outside of getting Yearby, the least talented back of the top tier backs in the last two classes, we need more than just one guy there that is top tier. We need them both, plus Scarlett is more college ready at the moment. We already lost Williams and losing Scarlett would be yet another punch to the gut for us in terms of recruiting.

Advertisement
Yeah we definitely need both Walton and Scarlett. Most successful rushing teams have 2 or 3 rb rotations. I see Gus being moved to FB and Gray either WR or somewhere on D.

I know he's scheduled to go to WVU for an OV and heard its between UGA, UF and Louisville for another. Seems like all these kids are taking visiting the same schools.

I think there was talk earlier in the summer that Calloway could also possibly play CB, is that the case or is he all WR?

Thats a good sign with Davis when your parents go on a visit with you.... i think its a 30% chance he flips from Texas... but who knws

Advertisement
I hope the relationship with Walton and Ice can make Davis flip, I am not sure it happens and if Calloway comes here that is even more reason for Davis to flip so he can play with his friends. This might get interesting but with our track record I think we just keep Walton.

I recieved and infraction last time i said something about calloway so ill put it in different terms i would be completely shocked to see calloway wearing nike in college next year

I recieved and infraction last time i said something about calloway so ill put it in different terms i would be completely shocked to see calloway wearing nike in college next year

I hope your right. I would like to see him in Adidas

Advertisement

We are not forgetting Walton, but the squeaky wheel gets the oil and Scarlett is practically screaming while Walton is as quiet and reliable as a ceramic ball bearing under all the recruiting heat from other schools.

Go Canes

You're so crazy it's awesome

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back