Bob Stoops or Mark Richt

dallascane

Redshirt Freshman
The board will collectively groan but Bob Stoops and Mark Richt have been on warm seats for years. The issue with both of them is that they have hit the threshold of what is possible. Oklahoma mostly recruits it of Texas and now with Baylor, TCU and in some respects Houston on the rise, I believe they aren't getting their unfair share as they once were. I would much rather have Bob Stoops than Mark Stoops. At least Bob has had some positive history. Oklahoma could easily lose their last three and finish 8-4 with a loss to Texas. There is a good chance he could be let go if that happens.

Mark Richt is kind of in the same boat. UGA is UF's little brother and it doesn't look like Richt can change that. It's never seemed like the Georgia fans have accepted that although he always seems to win just enough to be retained. UGA could have three more losses coming putting them at 7-5 on the year. That's probably not enough.

The dynamics at Miami are different. There is more talent here. JJ and Erickson didn't have the best records when they came but they wanted to win. We don't necessarily need to rush to hire someone just yet. Both of the above coaches should be on the list, certainly higher than Charlie Strong.

Advertisement
If Mark can't win at Georgia, he can't win here. They have everything you need to win.
As for ole Bob, great coach. I would just question how hungry he is to win big anymore.

Advertisement
Not my first choice but Bob would kill it here if OU is dumb enough to let him go. He has Florida ties due to his time coaching in the state.

Things have gotten stale for him at OU but he is only 55 years old and is known as being highly competitive (beat Saban in BCS game recently). So if he came to Miami he would have something to prove and is young enough to have the energy to revive this program.

We could do a lot worse than having Bob on the sidelines.

The board will collectively groan but Bob Stoops and Mark Richt have been on warm seats for years. The issue with both of them is that they have hit the threshold of what is possible. Oklahoma mostly recruits it of Texas and now with Baylor, TCU and in some respects Houston on the rise, I believe they aren't getting their unfair share as they once were. I would much rather have Bob Stoops than Mark Stoops. At least Bob has had some positive history. Oklahoma could easily lose their last three and finish 8-4 with a loss to Texas. There is a good chance he could be let go if that happens.

Mark Richt is kind of in the same boat. UGA is UF's little brother and it doesn't look like Richt can change that. It's never seemed like the Georgia fans have accepted that although he always seems to win just enough to be retained. UGA could have three more losses coming putting them at 7-5 on the year. That's probably not enough.

The dynamics at Miami are different. There is more talent here. JJ and Erickson didn't have the best records when they came but they wanted to win. We don't necessarily need to rush to hire someone just yet. Both of the above coaches should be on the list, certainly higher than Charlie Strong.

Jskrgd5.gif

No and no.

Did I miss something. Did both of these guys get fired as its only way UM would have a remote chance.

Advertisement
Butch Davis built the greatest team in football history.

1. Are either Stoops or Richt better than Butch? No.
2. Are either Stoops or Richt equal to Butch? No.
3. Fuggetabouit!

Did I miss something. Did both of these guys get fired as its only way UM would have a remote chance.

That's the only way we wouldn't have any big buyout issues.

So maybe Richt is out but Bob should be on our list above Strong, Mark Stoops, Cristobol, and Shula. You can't deny his resume is better than those guys. The media would eat it up as well.

Advertisement
If Mark can't win at Georgia, he can't win here. They have everything you need to win.

Richt can't win? He has nine 10-win seasons and nine bowl wins. The Georgia fans who want him gone will soon be like the Tennessee fans who wish they had Phil Fulmer's 10-2 seasons back again. He might not be the right fit here, and I am certainly not campaigning for him, but there are far worse coaches in America who still have jobs.

If we're only holding out for the coaches who have proven that they can win national championships, then let's shut it down now, because Urban and Nick aren't coming here.

Say no to bob stoops and richt

Yes to butch davis

Canesinsight logic. Never change.

Two of the most overrated under achieving coaches at big time programs in the nation.

bring em down

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back