Bleak's Toledo Player Grades

Advertisement
Mike Smith has been horrendous since hes been here IMO and JJ is too slow and it sucks because he put on for his city but his HS tape doesnt translate well to the college game I expected this. If u cant run in the ACC u fuqed, Miami should always have a secondary that physically imposing and able to run

Advertisement
I want to see R. Finley more in rotation at S. Dude can hit, and tackle. Plus he has size. I really would like to see more of that.

Didn’t Redwine single handedly cost us 3 on the FG jump, then was so excited about the **** turnover chain he cost us another 15?

Missed the game due to my daughters soccer game but just watched it on watch ESPN. Just gonna blurt out names that came to my mind

Coach Diaz- In case you didnt know we ran the same linebackers on WR's last year I was always amazed that more teams didnt abuse it like Toldeo did. I mean its ok if you got your best linebackers on the field. but our linebackers are not even guarding the WR its so easy to do a play action pass to the slot WR. He had too many plays where the LB was in no mans land. He brought in more DB's some times in the 2nd half but not enough. I have no idea wtf he is doing at times D-

Rosier- Like I said the boy is a gamer he missed Berrios a few times in the middle and threw that int but other then those 4-5 throws he was on point and smart with all his decisions 75% completion percentage! I dont recall Kaaya ever being as accurate as him, did yall see thos ejukes in the open field!!!! Didnt know he had that in him.. Have a feeling we are gonna run way more RPO in the near future, sounds good to me B+

Walton- Dam that boy looked better then anytime I have seen him..He was jump cutting out ther like Leveon Bell Yea its Toledo but **** Duke use to do the same thing against the scrubs. Hoping this carries on to our ACC foes. Would of gotten an A+ if not for getting caught at the 2 yard line. A-

Homer- Explosive doesnt have the moves behind the line of scrimmage tho. Im nitpicking but he Tries to run over people sometimes when he 'd do better off making them miss. Hes powerful but hes only 190 -195..wont last long running like that as a starter at that weight..Nice change of pace back had a nice game. B

Choc- No way in **** he should have been tripped up on that run.. The old Choc scores on that he aint the same mane. Gimme Burns instead C-

KC Mcdermott- Got abused a few times..He is so up and down Mane... Im worried abour him against FSU. C

Harley- Made one good play and one horrible drop..not a great blocker down field with better blocking berrios would have had two more tds but **** hes only 160 pounds hard to be mad at him for that ..but in all honesty. Hes a true freshman he shouldnt be playing this much. C

Berrios- Had a nice game looks fast. Glad to see him step up but in all honesty when is Ricahrds coming back? We cant have him as our leading #1 WR against th e big boys A

Thomas- i think the game is too fast for him right now hopefully it slows down I'll give him an I for incomplete because I like him

herndon- bout time we made him part of the game plan I know its only the 2nd game he blocked pretty well too.. A

Irving the 2nd- Nice hands but he is so weak at teh point of attack (Weight Room) C+

RJ Mcintosh- Boy was a problem up front all night most disruptive force- A

Chad Thomas- a lot of pressures played good but is still something is stopping from being an all ACC type player and i cant put my finger on it B

Garvin- limited snaps but he got mad pressure and hits on the QB I expect him to get more PT - A

joe Jackson- Played Well on the cusp of destroying a few plays had some nice QB hits B

Mike SMith- Get him the **** oout of our rotation. missed severaltackles- D-

Charles Perry- Hard to grade him Coach had him so out of position but he goes 100 I aint mad at him C

Shaq Quaterman- Boy is so much faster then last year..he was everywhere tonight chasing down passes out to the flat. Missed 1 tackle but played great A-

#3- I refuse to mention his name. He will be the death of us can you at least tackle the ****ers after you get burnt got dammit mane F

Redwine- Man he played a nice game... made a nice pass break up and had the FR.. A

M. Jackson- I mean hes not a 5 star and you can tell but he was an inch away from making some plays. not the worst but hes not a Miami Caliber DB C-

Bandy- Minmal PT but Definition of what a nickel CB should be he appears to have the quickest feet of all our CB's I hope he isnt hurt too serious B

J. Johnson- Like we all have said we are seeing his lack of speed playing deeper in the backfield I think we need to move him closer to the line of scrimmage C

M. young- Played well got beat a few times, but i think he has a future B-

Norton- Did he even play today? D

Gotta give it to toledo they made some plays, and others Diaz handed to them. If were gonna play LB's on the slot can we at least out them right over the WR and not in no mans land? Heres t praying Richards and Bandy are healthy next week.

Vernell Respect!
Said the truth

You watched the game? I thought you swore off the Canes and were only watching NFL ball this year? How those Phins? Oops.

Go Canes!

Missed the game due to my daughters soccer game but just watched it on watch ESPN. Just gonna blurt out names that came to my mind

Coach Diaz- In case you didnt know we ran the same linebackers on WR's last year I was always amazed that more teams didnt abuse it like Toldeo did. I mean its ok if you got your best linebackers on the field. but our linebackers are not even guarding the WR its so easy to do a play action pass to the slot WR. He had too many plays where the LB was in no mans land. He brought in more DB's some times in the 2nd half but not enough. I have no idea wtf he is doing at times D-

Rosier- Like I said the boy is a gamer he missed Berrios a few times in the middle and threw that int but other then those 4-5 throws he was on point and smart with all his decisions 75% completion percentage! I dont recall Kaaya ever being as accurate as him, did yall see thos ejukes in the open field!!!! Didnt know he had that in him.. Have a feeling we are gonna run way more RPO in the near future, sounds good to me B+

Walton- Dam that boy looked better then anytime I have seen him..He was jump cutting out ther like Leveon Bell Yea its Toledo but **** Duke use to do the same thing against the scrubs. Hoping this carries on to our ACC foes. Would of gotten an A+ if not for getting caught at the 2 yard line. A-

Homer- Explosive doesnt have the moves behind the line of scrimmage tho. Im nitpicking but he Tries to run over people sometimes when he 'd do better off making them miss. Hes powerful but hes only 190 -195..wont last long running like that as a starter at that weight..Nice change of pace back had a nice game. B

Choc- No way in **** he should have been tripped up on that run.. The old Choc scores on that he aint the same mane. Gimme Burns instead C-

KC Mcdermott- Got abused a few times..He is so up and down Mane... Im worried abour him against FSU. C

Harley- Made one good play and one horrible drop..not a great blocker down field with better blocking berrios would have had two more tds but **** hes only 160 pounds hard to be mad at him for that ..but in all honesty. Hes a true freshman he shouldnt be playing this much. C

Berrios- Had a nice game looks fast. Glad to see him step up but in all honesty when is Ricahrds coming back? We cant have him as our leading #1 WR against th e big boys A

Thomas- i think the game is too fast for him right now hopefully it slows down I'll give him an I for incomplete because I like him

herndon- bout time we made him part of the game plan I know its only the 2nd game he blocked pretty well too.. A

Irving the 2nd- Nice hands but he is so weak at teh point of attack (Weight Room) C+

Chad Thomas- a lot of pressures played good but is still something is stopping from being an all ACC type player and i cant put my finger on it B

Garvin- limited snaps but he got mad pressure and hits on the QB I expect him to get more PT - A

joe Jackson- Played Well on the cusp of destroying a few plays had some nice QB hits B

Charles Perry- Hard to grade him Coach had him so out of position but he goes 100 I aint mad at him C

Shaq Quaterman- Boy is so much faster then last year..he was everywhere tonight chasing down passes out to the flat. Missed 1 tackle but played great A-

#3- I refuse to mention his name. He will be the death of us can you at least tackle the ****ers after you get burnt got dammit mane F

Redwine- Man he played a nice game... made a nice pass break up and had the FR.. A

M. Jackson- I mean hes not a 5 star and you can tell but he was an inch away from making some plays. not the worst but hes not a Miami Caliber DB C-

Bandy- Minmal PT but Definition of what a nickel CB should be he appears to have the quickest feet of all our CB's I hope he isnt hurt too serious B

J. Johnson- Like we all have said we are seeing his lack of speed playing deeper in the backfield I think we need to move him closer to the line of scrimmage C

Gotta give it to toledo they made some plays, and others Diaz handed to them. If were gonna play LB's on the slot can we at least out them right over the WR and not in no mans land? Heres t praying Richards and Bandy are healthy next week.

Vernell Respect!
Said the truth

You watched the game? I thought you swore off the Canes and were only watching NFL ball this year? How those Phins? Oops.

Go Canes!

Aye mang! You gonna ruin my night making me think about that loss

Last edited:
Advertisement
Solid list. Bandy & Young need to be on the field at all times. Idc about size. Give me the best 11. Also Manny better change it the **** up. ****ing me off.

Honestly, one of the worst things I saw was Joe Jackson and Chad Thomas dropping back into zone OFTEN. Like thats some Donofrio type **** that is ******* retarded and makes no god **** sense. We have a beast DL, let them rush the ******* QB. And if you want to blitz don't do it at the cost of Joe Jackson or Chad Thomas rushing the passer. Maybe if you do it once or twice a game its fine, nbd. But he did that **** a lot and it was stupid. I really don't get the lack of Nickel defense. But anyways, I saw Charles Perry flat out get completely beat in zone three ******* times, two of which were on that drive right before ******* halftime.

Also I hope to God all the subbing we were doing was because they are trying to give our backups good reps in the garbage games. If I see Charles Perry/Mike Smith/Darrion Owens/etc on the field for FSU when Pinckney, Quarterman, McCloud aren't absoultely in need of a breather I'll be ****ed. Go ******* nickel in that situation.

Last edited:
Agree with most except Shaq. He's a C+. He missed the hole on a couple of runs and missed tackles. He was outrun by the qb and had to push him out at the last minute. I know he's a great leader and spokesperson for our team but he isn't getting drafted in the early rounds unless he starts to display Vilma type instincts (i'll settle for Sean Spence instincts). Jbh.
I agree with this he missed 3 or 4 tackles in my opinion and a couple of them would have forced Toledo to punt. Pinkney didn't look good out in coverage. If I had to rank all of Shaq's games this one would be last just before the BCU Game... He knows more than anyone else... He needs to step up and don't be average. When he pulled up on the pressure he was coming with on the QB that one play.. was an indicator the he needs to steep it up about 3 notches

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Mike Smith has been horrendous since hes been here IMO and JJ is too slow and it sucks because he put on for his city but his HS tape doesnt translate well to the college game I expected this. If u cant run in the ACC u fuqed, Miami should always have a secondary that physically imposing and able to run

Jaquan was great in the nickel slot last year. It's obvious after a couple games that he's out of position on the back end...doesn't have the speed and range needed.

THis quarterback wanted us to blitz and rush upfield. He was good at escaping and quickly delivering to the hot read. . On the play where we showed blitz on 3rd and 20 we suddenly dropped back into a zone fooling him so he ran and fumbled the ball. Diaz got better as the game went on.

Jaquan was great in the nickel slot last year. It's obvious after a couple games that he's out of position on the back end...doesn't have the speed and range needed.

doubt he will be in the nickel because that position has been hella upgraded with Bandy

Advertisement

Vernell Respect!
Said the truth

Go Canes!

Daughter's Soccer game??? C'mon, you were watching the end of the FSU loss and then were crying for hours afterwards...

Agree with most except Shaq. He's a C+. He missed the hole on a couple of runs and missed tackles. He was outrun by the qb and had to push him out at the last minute. I know he's a great leader and spokesperson for our team but he isn't getting drafted in the early rounds unless he starts to display Vilma type instincts (i'll settle for Sean Spence instincts). Jbh.
I agree with this he missed 3 or 4 tackles in my opinion and a couple of them would have forced Toledo to punt. Pinkney didn't look good out in coverage. If I had to rank all of Shaq's games this one would be last just before the BCU Game... He knows more than anyone else... He needs to step up and don't be average. When he pulled up on the pressure he was coming with on the QB that one play.. was an indicator the he needs to steep it up about 3 notches

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Shaq is the guy I'm worried about the least.

Obviously some things you can't share, but can you provide any insight as to what in the world is going on out there? I doubt our guys just forgot how to play fast and aggressive.

Thanks and God Bless

One of the things this coaching staff has been very good at is making adjustments vis-a-vis the positions they assign players.

They moved Redwine to FS and he's better there than he was at CB.

Hopefully they've seen enough from Delaney to bench him and they'll drop JJ down to NB (where he was very good last year), with Bandy and Young starting on the boundary.

I guess you rotate Carter and Knowles at SS?

Johnson and Delaney don't look like good enough athletes at this level to me. JJ is a tremendous football player. The kind of kid who if he went to the Citadel would have NFL written all over him.

Advertisement
Back