BLAKE JAMES

nickster

Freshman
It should be apparent to all the other major problem is Blake. Can you imagine if he fired Al 2 years ago where this team would be. Despite the coaching these kids are playing with heart, spirit, and fighting. The coaching simply stinks all across the board.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure two years ago Blake was in his first year as AD and we were 9-4 and Goldens contract went to 2020. Golden should have been made to fire Dno but he wasn't getting fired that year. Last year it may have happened but Shalala wouldn't allow it. Not saying he's been a great AD, but Shalala was the real problem

What makes you think that if Golden was fired last year the next hire would have been different then Coker/Shannon/Golden? I AM GLAD GOLDEN WAS NOT LET GO IN SHALALA'S LAST YEAR. She was the person with her foot on thought of this program! I, for one, am glad she didn't have the opportunity to bleed this program anymore. In 6 months after her tenure -

1. Golden was fired mid-season.
2. The admin is upping the HC's salary to 4 mill
3. Butch Davis is the leading candidate.

Do you think ANY OF THAT would be happing in another Shalala coaching search?

Advertisement
What makes you think that if Golden was fired last year the next hire would have been different then Coker/Shannon/Golden? I AM GLAD GOLDEN WAS NOT LET GO IN SHALALA'S LAST YEAR. She was the person with her foot on thought of this program! I, for one, am glad she didn't have the opportunity to bleed this program anymore. In 6 months after her tenure -

1. Golden was fired mid-season.
2. The admin is upping the HC's salary to 4 mill
3. Butch Davis is the leading candidate.

Do you think ANY OF THAT would be happing in another Shalala coaching search?

This x 1000. Shalala did some shady sh*t to golden by leading him here without telling him about the NCAA investigation to be honest. She probably felt she needed to do that. Program is on an upswing with the talent on the roster, incoming talent, more money being spent on the coaches and it looks like we will finally get a competent head coach after 2 horrible hires. And plus would we really have wanted shalala involved in any hire for the football program? She was the reason we were in this mess... Glad her a** is gone

This is a stupid thread and not that I think Blake is the best AD of all time but at this point people are complaining about the way he walks.

Give it a rest. We wanted Al gone, he's gone. We wanted Butch, he's said he will get a look. We wanted a national search, he said we will get one. We were angry about the Duke refs, he wrote a scathing letter the the ACC.

It's clear that Donna was holding him back.

Advertisement
Back