Off-Topic Bill Cosby

I was engaged in a discussion very similar to this recently.

Is there literally any proper oversight for police conduct on a state-by-state basis?

I think cases just to go the FBI.
As far as I know, most states use the state level authority for oversight, i.e. the FDLE in Florida.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He made a deal with the DA in the civil case and the DA agreed not to prosecute criminally. Separately, the judge in the case allowed other women to testify (I don't know why legally this is an issue, but apparently it is).

So, more or less, yes.
Because their testimony was pure hearsay and had zero evidence to substantiate it. It was allowed to help further negative public sentiment and convict him in the court of public opinion, which is what happened. That’s why he is free today and a major lawsuit is on the horizon 🎉🍾🎊🎈

Because their testimony was pure hearsay and had zero evidence to substantiate it. It was allowed to help further negative public sentiment and convict him in the court of public opinion, which is what happened. That’s why he is free today and a major lawsuit is on the horizon 🎉🍾🎊🎈

So it's just convenient that Cosby drugging and raping women was a well-known secret in the comedy community for decades, huh?

Kinda like Harvey Weinstein and R. Kelly.

People forget that the vast majority of the many other complainants were NOT allowed to testify against the **** during the trial....because the judge thought it would be prejudicial :oops:

Seems to me it that would have shown ...beyond dispute..... a clear consistent pattern of abuse and skirting responsibility for his actions

So sorry, but I find absolutely no joy in his release. He simply dodged a bullet.

Any attempt to portray it as vindication of his crimes for Bill Cosby is pure and utter BS......It's simply that a deal is a deal,..... even a corrupt one

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back