Biggest factor in our success

Onion

Recruit
Just as important as the quality of our athletes, the adjustments and training by our coaches, or the number of practices we've run...is the conditioning of our guys. It might be Golden's biggest positive effect on this team so far. I spent the day watching football, and our guys are in incredibly better shape than pretty much every team I've seen (short of certain top 5 teams). Especially for our defense. It's awe-inspiring how our defense has stood strong despite losing the time of possession in nearly every game.

Advertisement
Coaching. All areas. No delay of game after a time out, no Shannon 2 minute drills, no standing on the side line with a lost deer in the headlights look.

Preparation.

Adjustments.

Definitely coaching, Duke Johnson, & Denzel Perryman.

We might not like the defensive schemes at times... but our effort, adjustments, & conditioning (as you mention) have been unreal.

Just as important as the quality of our athletes, the adjustments and training by our coaches, or the number of practices we've run...is the conditioning of our guys. It might be Golden's biggest positive effect on this team so far. I spent the day watching football, and our guys are in incredibly better shape than pretty much every team I've seen (short of certain top 5 teams). Especially for our defense. It's awe-inspiring how our defense has stood strong despite losing the time of possession in nearly every game.

Agreed. It was evident during the gator game. As many minutes as the defense played that day the players never appeared to be winded or fatigued.

Advertisement
I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but the coaches! Our Defense makes serious in game adjustments that lead to a second half of shut downs. Our coaches know how to manage a game in terms of offense too

Advertisement
Back