BEWARE...a positive post!!

WaterburyCane

🐳 🐳 🐳
Premium
I think a little good karma and positive vibe is needed for my Cane family.

Last night we lost out on a good recruit. Let's move on. Would have loved to have him BUT he was not the most important recruit in this class...not even close. Olsen is far and away the most important recruit. I think some on here are forgetting what we already have "in the bag" so to speak and just ****ing and moaning about what we may or may not get. Olsen is the best looking QB prospect we have signed in quite some time. He is the crown jewel of this class and hopefully the guy that leads this team back to the top. Let's just just enjoy this "get"..at least for one thread while we are on this roller coaster stretch to NSD.

RB's are one of the few positions where a high school kid can come in and make a big impact immediately. So losing Collins may hurt for next years ruuning game. But after that, we sign Sony and Cook and that unit looks ridiculous for 2015 and beyond.

Tomorrow will be a crazy day. We will sign a few that some doomers think we have no shot at apparantley....AND...we will miss on a few that we are hoping for. That's the game.

What is more important right now is the type of program, structure, and culture that is being rebuilt here. I dont think some of you realize how bad things were inside the walls after Shannon left. Golden is rebuilding not only a roster, but a program, system, and culture that can cultivate the talent we do get and do it in a way that is SUSTAINABLE for years to come. That takes time. We will get more blue chippers in the near future as this comes together. The GUTS of this program is so much better off right now..some of you have no idea. From the offseason program, to the marketing, to the coaching staff, to the camps, to the junior days, to the organized blueprint on how and what to recruit. Let's just enjoy that for 1 thread.

Lastly...I wanted to make a comment about last night. I've been on these boards since 1999 and I've never been so embarressed for my own fan base. Some of you posters throw around the word "FAMILY" a lot. We have a "FAMILY" atmosphere that no other program has. Well folks...practice what you preach...or at least practice what you want to be. I think with a little thoughtfullness, we can express our opinions and debate different viewpoints without all the bull**** that was and has been spewed lately. I love my CANES family. Pete has done a great job this year. Find me a better reporter on another site that has given us more nuggets of info and has worked harder. You can't. You crave the information that Peter collects, and then **** on him when its not what you want to hear or when the wind blows in the opposite direction. This board is free for crying out loud!! If you want better information, then you should have tracked down Collin's cell number and asked him where he was going (I bet if you did that and posted your newfound info 3 days ago, you would have been wrong).

All I'm asking for is a little respect around here. Family fights...but not like what I saw last night. Remember..we are all wearing CANES jerseys. We are on the same **** team guys!!!

CANES FAMILY FOR LIFE

Advertisement
We are on the same team yes...but we also need a huge dose of objectively good news. Not Plan R stuff...good news.

Advertisement
We are on the same team yes...but we also need a huge dose of objectively good news. Not Plan R stuff...good news.

DJ...you are such a **** waffle.

...and I mean that in the most Familial way possible.

Now give me my god **** jersey back.

Why? So you can make stupid posts about how you're going to fap over a HS kid? Only to turn around and freak out later? Sound familiar?

One day you guys are all photoshopping Golden pics and talking about how your **** is sore from fapping. Then, some kid goes on TV and it's Jekyll and Hyde time.

Wait, I'm sure there's room for another tired old Gary Oldman "Everyone" GIF. Because if that's not what we get then you guys are all going to flip out like Jerry McGuire.

Advertisement
I think a little good karma and positive vibe is needed for my Cane family.

Last night we lost out on a good recruit. Let's move on. Would have loved to have him BUT he was not the most important recruit in this class...not even close. Olsen is far and away the most important recruit. I think some on here are forgetting what we already have "in the bag" so to speak and just ****ing and moaning about what we may or may not get. Olsen is the best looking QB prospect we have signed in quite some time. He is the crown jewel of this class and hopefully the guy that leads this team back to the top. Let's just just enjoy this "get"..at least for one thread while we are on this roller coaster stretch to NSD.

RB's are one of the few positions where a high school kid can come in and make a big impact immediately. So losing Collins may hurt for next years ruuning game. But after that, we sign Sony and Cook and that unit looks ridiculous for 2015 and beyond.

Tomorrow will be a crazy day. We will sign a few that some doomers think we have no shot at apparantley....AND...we will miss on a few that we are hoping for. That's the game.

What is more important right now is the type of program, structure, and culture that is being rebuilt here. I dont think some of you realize how bad things were inside the walls after Shannon left. Golden is rebuilding not only a roster, but a program, system, and culture that can cultivate the talent we do get and do it in a way that is SUSTAINABLE for years to come. That takes time. We will get more blue chippers in the near future as this comes together. The GUTS of this program is so much better off right now..some of you have no idea. From the offseason program, to the marketing, to the coaching staff, to the camps, to the junior days, to the organized blueprint on how and what to recruit. Let's just enjoy that for 1 thread.

Lastly...I wanted to make a comment about last night. I've been on these boards since 1999 and I've never been so embarressed for my own fan base. Some of you posters throw around the word "FAMILY" a lot. We have a "FAMILY" atmosphere that no other program has. Well folks...practice what you preach...or at least practice what you want to be. I think with a little thoughtfullness, we can express our opinions and debate different viewpoints without all the bull**** that was and has been spewed lately. I love my CANES family. Pete has done a great job this year. Find me a better reporter on another site that has given us more nuggets of info and has worked harder. You can't. You crave the information that Peter collects, and then **** on him when its not what you want to hear or when the wind blows in the opposite direction. This board is free for crying out loud!! If you want better information, then you should have tracked down Collin's cell number and asked him where he was going (I bet if you did that and posted your newfound info 3 days ago, you would have been wrong).

All I'm asking for is a little respect around here. Family fights...but not like what I saw last night. Remember..we are all wearing CANES jerseys. We are on the same **** team guys!!!

CANES FAMILY FOR LIFE

I feel you i think the guy or guys that are being slept'd on the most are Bond and Fig newton... I know we're going to be surprised tomorrow with some unknowns but im super happy what we have so far if you look up the height size and athleticism of each recruit we got some jewelz ready to do some damage i really can't wait til Jamal Carter gets on campus and light some jokers up its going to be a **** of a season coming up and i like bart scott CANT WAIT!!!!!!!

DJ...you are such a **** waffle.

...and I mean that in the most Familial way possible.

Now give me my god **** jersey back.

How am I waffling? I already said I won't blame the staff about the BTW kids because that's ice practicing terrorism...but we really need to hit on the rest. We all support the team but that doesn't mean were gonna put lipstick on a pig if it gets to that point.

I hope we can get Grace at least one of Bryant or Bostwick and keep Coley.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back