Better to be playing at Doak?

THEU01

Recruit
All this talk about how Miami isnt gonna have a chance against this "great" FSU squad, i think its going a little overboard. IMO Miami is actually at an advantage by playing this one on the road. Since 2000 Miami has only lost twice at Doak by a TOTAL of 7 points, compared to 4 losses for a total of 56 points down in Miami. Of course Jameis is someone that we have never seen before in this rivalry, but is he really that unstoppable. No team has been able to slow him down, but i think if D'onofrio and the staff can drop up a defense to even frustrate him just on the first drive, who knows what will happen to this RS freshman. Golden has seen this team get blown out horribly on the road twice, KState and ND both which I attended, i can't see it happening a third time especially in such a big rivalry game. Plus the Canes are 2-0 against FSU on November 2nd, if that means anything.

Advertisement
Like I said in another thread, compared to the Swamp, or both Death Valleys or Lane Stadium, Doak doesn't really get very loud. The configuration of the stadium does not hold in the sound. Historically FSU has been so good at Doak because FSU has been good, not because Doak gives them an advantage.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back