Bethune Cookman @ Miami...

Advertisement
seems like since we named it ALEX RODRIGUEZ PARK we have sucked...drop the frauds name and go with Fraser Field

we lose another mid week game 5-3....with FSU this weekend...could be some pressure mounting in the gables..

Advertisement
Honestly, considering who we've played, our ACC record can be forgiven a little bit, depending on what you think the ceiling for this team is (let's not get into everyone's thought's on what the floor for the program should be) but dropping these midweek games is really gonna start killing our RPI.

Honestly, considering who we've played, our ACC record can be forgiven a little bit, depending on what you think the ceiling for this team is (let's not get into everyone's thought's on what the floor for the program should be) but dropping these midweek games is really gonna start killing our RPI.

You really need to look at RPI to determine whether this team is any good?

Advertisement

We both know this team isn't any good, but they were still top-30 RPI as late as last week. They are going to have to start winning, or else we really will be missing not only the ACC Tournament, but the Regionals as well...

My fondest wish is that we'll sneak into the Regionals and continue the streak...and Morris takes a walk anyway. Maybe i'm not taking the long view here, but I really don't want FSU (and Mike Martin) to take the mantle of what is, to me, one of the more impressive streaks in college sports history.

We both know this team isn't any good, but they were still top-30 RPI as late as last week. They are going to have to start winning, or else we really will be missing not only the ACC Tournament, but the Regionals as well...

My fondest wish is that we'll sneak into the Regionals and continue the streak...and Morris takes a walk anyway. Maybe i'm not taking the long view here, but I really don't want FSU (and Mike Martin) to take the mantle of what is, to me, one of the more impressive streaks in college sports history.

Nobody here wants Martin to take over the longest streak, but this Morris thing has reached a breaking point. If we need to hit rock bottom (missing the NCAAs) to have Morris step aside (whether by his own choice or not) then so be it.

Does the streak stop this year?

A better question is whether it is in the long term interest of the program for the streak to continue by limping in as a 2 or 3 seed, just to get summarily dismissed in 2 games like last year.

Advertisement
I posted on TOS how Morris career is similar to Kitrell's at South Alabama. Long coaching career with very good numbers but mailing it in last few seasons. Morris needs to step aside. Program has dropped really bad!!!

This is the worst Canes baseball team I've ever seen.

It might be mine as well. I would have said it was that team that went like 34-29 in the regular season about a decade ago, but that team went on a big run and was 3 outs from beating South Carolina in the Super Regional to make the CWS before blowing it.

Advertisement
Bad bullpen. Bad defense. BAD hitting. Not a good recipe for post season success. Don't understand why we aren't finding Heyman at bats.

Advertisement
Back